+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I have looked at the EMIS

I have looked at the EMIS information on NetGain Motors, Inc webpage. I don't see any information where they have actually installed their products in a car and converted it to a hybrid vehicle. Do you have more information about this engine/kit? Are they just selling parts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I don't think that

I don't think that converting a car to a hybrid is worth the time and the spendings.I would advise to buy a new hybrid car.

I am not even sure at this

I am not even sure at this time that buying a hybrid makes all that sense. from what I am reading on the forums, there are too many people that are disappointed with their hybrid, and not really saving that much.

Yes, folks certainly are

Yes, folks certainly are disappointed with hybrids, especially when they don't get to feel as rich at the gas station as the guy that can afford $120 to fill his big macho truck up for another 300 miles.

I don't know if the benefits

I don't know if the benefits justify the time and especially the monetary investment to complete such a change.

We all get it, it's not

We all get it, it's not worth it from a financial standpoint! what if money isn't the limiting factor? let's all pretend we have unlimited funds, unlimited free time, and the know how to get it done. where do we start. i've been dreaming for a long time about converting a jetta TDI (which already gets 40mpg) to a plug-in hybrid. how do i do it? are their existing parts to get it done or do i need degrees in physics and mechanical and electrical engineering to invent some stuff?

I would say that if money is

I would say that if money is not a factor than this is something I would definitely go for. Be able to keep my car AND get great gas mileage? Sounds like a win-win to me. Until the prices settle down a bit for these conversions though I think the bottom line is going to outweigh all other arguments though, IMO.

Interesting perspective. My

Interesting perspective. My big macho truck is a diesel that does 20 mpg. I'd like to see more focus on converting our trucking industry over to a cleaner burning fuel like natural gas. The bus conversions appear to be win-win. Electric won't be pushing eighteen wheelers in our lifetimes and yes you need trucking to get your conversion kit 'next day'.
    Lets get rid of coal fired electric plants and switch back to nuclear, we can reuse spent uranium rods now. Have you thought about voting McCain?

Wow. Im from Canada, and a

Wow. Im from Canada, and a new hybrid up here costs at least 10k more than it does in the states... So converting my existing vehicle (which is ten years old and cost 6k) for 10k or less would definitely be worth it actually... 16 k for a hybrid?
    A little shocked to hear that buying a new hybrid is the best option... since the prices here are 40k average for lower end models. I love my truck, aside from the gas-guzzling habit it seems to have.
    So seriously... nobody has any idea where to get a conversion kit? I would seriously consider even driving down to the states to get it done. My truck takes 90$ to fill right now, and seems to go through a tank every week or so.
    Someone needs to set up some sort of master-source for information on such things, as Ive been googling it for two hours with no reliable information or feedback.

hybrids were good , but

hybrids were good , but fusion is better, hey scottie! where's my phaser? are you ready for that away mission yet?