+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sir i am a final year

Sir i am a final year student of mechanical engineering. I am interested in making a steam electric car as my final year project. I would like to get your help on this topic. Please provide me the full detailed information of this topic on my email. Also give your important suggestion related to current conditions in this field. Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

i think a hybrid steam

i think a hybrid steam engine is a great idea id invest 5 grand and the man hours to make it

I would be very interested

I would be very interested in starting a correspondence with you as far as design and production is concerned, I believe I have some valuable ideas to contribute, shoot me an email and maybe we can strike up a discussion

I have read almost all

I have read almost all responses, and my idea of designing and building a steam electric car is a smart idea. I could just build a steam car. I have several possible engines for it, however the largest of them weighs about 700lbs. You can get a four cylinder steam with adequate horse into your car and use it as a generator. An all electric is not practical at this time because there isn't enough recharging stations available. I'm in the middle of desert and I'm not willing to walk fifty miles looking for a new battery. The electric motor is a good bet except it lacks an adequate charging system to give a long enough range to make trips. I've read that when you drive an electric you don't allow the battery charge to run down that much because it ruins it's life, so charging it early is mandatory. So a steam engine will charge the batteries without many harmful hydrocarbons. It's a good debate.
    For some who fear the steam engine, a double designed boiler has never exploded in history.

Sorry I couldn't edit my

Sorry I couldn't edit my post. I'm referring to Doble not double.

I meant Doble not double.

What you are describing is

What you are describing is an electric monotube boiler ...another name for a tank less water heater
    thought most water heaters don't run at steam engine pressures safely. If for some reason you did build or buy one ....you would need a steamtrap .Sort of a water filter to "dry" your steam so carry of water slugs in the steam. Does not break your engine by hydra locking the engine with something that does not compress.Or erosion of blades if your are using a turbine.

I look forward to the new

I look forward to the new steam autos from the small to the large industrial.

This is a great idea. Steam

This is a great idea. Steam power is good for the environment too.