+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ok here is a better car to

Ok here is a better car to choose how about the air car it run on pressure. now if some one could build a onbord electrila system that would compress the air for its chambers and allow the car to keep runnign it run hundreds of mile before it need a air break. LOL

but seriously why buiuld steam when in france they have the air car. the usa want to incorperate a gas engine to make the car go 100 mpg. goes to show you whatthis countries directions are. We need to focus on air car. its clean air and now polution of any kind. plus the fact that there is a way to run an altenator to it.

as of steam my only factor to this would be to kame it run with eletric. given there is a way to heat elements up to allow pressure to run the engine. one might want to look into wateless heater tanks that are eleactric. you might find that this product could help as to how the car can get pressure.

too many factors to think about. but my choice would be air car. it has drw backs such ans slow take off and no gunning it. so we must take into consideration that we will have to let go of guning a car in the future if we are to make it in this world.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

We think we have the answer,

We think we have the answer, at least we are trying to provide a practical power source that produces electric, steam, and convensional power for vehicles of any kind. We have patented an invention that needs more funding for development and production. But we are convinced of the importance of this improvement to efficiency and environmental concerns. It can run on any fuel and is small and solves many problems that have limited the use of steam power in recent years.

Please help generate interest and visibility of this invention, visit http://www.realworldio.com and http://www.youtube.com/user/jedareed

Thank you.

The electric steam power

The electric steam power car, Van, Truck, Bus, Train can work. It's just a matter of setting up a Company via interested Investors. What we could do is scan the world for companies who make specific parts and ask the producing company if they will donate the product they make to be used in our Electric Steam Powered Car.

This will would be a win win...because they know it is for a specific purpose, and they will be part owners to the development. No money is put at risk...except for delivery of goods to the assembly location.

I am most certain people would come forward to see its development.

The main issue is to decide on the type of design and what we need to build it.

It would be easy to get the car frame, and tires, then assemble the engine process. What? Batteries keep a thermos-tank always hot, as the steam and/or any type of nonflammable gas could circulate the electric turbine to keep the batteries charged. In fact any other inflammable gas would be more preferred than water, because the boiling point is much lower for it to turn to steam, requiring less battery energy to create the boil.

Need to decide whether the steam powers the car, or the steam is only used to power the generator which powers the electric motors, and recharges the battery.

Remember we also will have the option for wind power to power small wind generators as well located in/on various spots on the vehicle. We also can include solar panels as well, on the trunk lid, or hood, and top of the vehicle, for even more energy backup.

Wheels can have frictionless generators attached axels, that spin freely because of opposing force magnetic bearings. This is a big plus in operational reliability.

Now think of this... It will work....I have no doubts,...and then the race is on....that meaning other applications for its use....such as using in airplanes... Can you imagine the RPM's you will get from a wind power jet generator affixed to the wings.....instead of the present jet fuel powered engines they use now? I think of it as the Steam Powered Concordia....which I believe could break air speed records. If they broke the land speed records with steam on the Salt Lake Flats...think of it in the air...

How grand a technological achievement...

People interested can contact me....we can setup the objectives to move forward.

I am djermano@yahoo.com

Dom

I stumbled across this site

I stumbled across this site in hopes of determining what was out there for a different type of hybrid... I like the ideas presented and would like to embark on a hybrid of all hybrids concept car... The idea I have would be an internal combustion engine cupeled to a steam powered engine, an internal combustion engine has a ridiculous amount of waste heat, why couldn't you pipe the IC engine exhaust through a boiler system and try to utilize the heat to create steam. I believe that the extra weight would not be an issue.

Option A- put a gear ratio with clutch between the Internal combustion engine and the steam powered engine, as the IC engine comes to proper exhaust temperature then the steam powered engine would start to roll over, clutch separating the two would release and assist the IC engine. I know that the output vs input on steam powered side could be formulated for proper gear ratio ;therefore, as the IC engine excels increased exhaust heat would be exerted and increased steam would follow. As the steam powered engine assists the IC engine the computer just like any in todays automobiles would regulate the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chambers. This design would still need a transmission and rear-end.

Option B
    The internal combustion engine exhaust would be piped through the steam powered boilers. They are not attached but both run to separate generators both with means of supplying to the electric system similar to conventional hybrids of today with the addition of only the steam side. This method of course using the motors in wheels to propel automobile.

What do you think?

I have read Taganan &

I have read Taganan & Checker. As of mid 2009, a group has been wrapping up for the most part the exact thing you were discussing. With the design work finished, engineer with a steam background giving a thumbs up and a tenured mathmatics proffessor now signing off, this is what is waiting for prototype to be built.

250k to 400 k, mostly in materials to build prototype that is hoped to do the following.

1) Literally no waste oil or filters.
    2) It is external combustion and is in fact multi-fuel capable.
    3) The multi-fuel part can be developed to almost any combination of fuels but with varying degrees of mpg, power etc as related to fuel type.
    4) No transmission is necessary but for the fact of a need of a reverse.
    5) This design produces 2 to 3 times as much power as in IC in the same approx size range.
    6) There is so much torque that it could be a problem.
    7) Except for the core of the engine, the rest of parts are off the shelf parts or off the shelf materials. Custom made to varying degrees until mass produced. 8) The engine is about as silent as a burner can be therefore noise of engine is almost non-existent.
    9) It can idle and be kept in a instantly "ready" status at extremely low fuel usage.
    10) Harmful emissions are almost zero.
    11) Up to a 50% increase in mpg.
    12) Has air,land,sea capabilities. Civilian or military applications. Can be used in passenger vehicles, light trucks, short or long haul vehicles and so forth.

The only thing between the idea and a billion dollar engine or vehicle company? The funding to build the prototype and prove that it works or doesn't and if it does work, how close to design expectations does it come.

The multi-fuel, quiet running and decreased fuel consumption if design works are a one, two, three punch combination. The other benifits are obvious and the engine if works as designed, will meet or beat all current or future set standards as pertaining to IC engines. Includes idling, reduced noise pollution,increased mpg standards and non-existent waste oil problems for environment.

We are talking big rigs that could fuel up on literally anything depending on driving habits, environmental conditions, cost and comparison recommedations based on such for next fillup. American Trucking Association states that a one penny rise in fuel costs their members over 250 million so what does a 1% to 50% increase mean for that one segment. Try running numbers on that at a full 50%, run a 5 yr window, add in government vehicles and or military and you get a potential cost savings in the Trillions. What does this mean for our military to have high speed coastal/riverine craft that are quiet and can run on almost any fuel found. What would the army think of silent running vehicles in a combat arena that are only as noisy as the tracks, wheels etc and could be re-fueled with almost anything available and do so at a greatly reduced fuel consumption rate. How nice would school district busing that could save money and have our children in quiet running vehicles without them inhaling all the diesel fumes.

I am with a Federal Agency, but not an energy related position. I still cannot wrap my head around the potential if the prototype works. Just the APS (Alternate Power Source) or generator potential is staggering.

Unless you have easily available funding or are involved with one of the "Beltway Bandits", it is turning out to be extremely difficult to find funding for a project like this. Everyone wants patents, non-profit setup's, 8A contractors or other to get on board. It has been frustrating. Earlier in the year I had a major player with DOC energy tell me that all the energy fruit on the lower limbs of the tree had been picked and now everyone is looking for the next golden fruit miracle answer in the upper limbs. This project would bunny punch the industry if it works and the final mathematics shows the authenticitiy of steam use like this. I compare this to the old joke of the government paying millions to develp a pen to write in zero gravity for our astronauts and the russians pulling out a pencil.

External steam exhaust engines and such may not be the end answer to our energy and environmental problems but they show promise in creating a major buffer until the ookey-pookie futuristic ideas can be invented, developed and used.

At the end of the day, multi-fuel, decreased fuel consumption anything is good!

Want to make a boat load of $ and do something good for this country and the world? Bring someone to fund the prototype to the table. The project is literally shovel ready and the engine core could be manufactured within a few weeks. A working prototype core will then be incoporated into a working example of whatever the investor would like. If the prototype is put into the right vehicle, you could expect it to set a steam engine land speed record that a Brit team recently set. Inquires can be sent to me at executivelabor@yahoo.com

You make a lot of sense

You make a lot of sense about steam and using that with a hybrid electric system . As a mater of investigation , how would a flywheel go in maintaing engine heat .Not the initial heating but heat maintained by friction . The flywheel run by solar panels or even exersice being connected to a rod that would move in and out , within the boiler at so many intervals of the flywheel revs . Could this be integrated into what you have already demonstrated ?

what about useing rotory

what about useing rotory engines for the steam engines at each wheel? Maybe aluminium & nickle aloy to combat corrosion? email me if you like this idea!

I've been thinking along

I've been thinking along these same lines. It a shame that the "Steamies" won't consider anything but direct steam drive... A steam-piston engine will provide a lot of torque, but not enough "get-up-and-go" and a steam turbine is just the opposite: too much speed, not enough torque. An electric engine can deliver both.

a steam turbine hybrid would

a steam turbine hybrid would at the most give you about 35% overall effeciency at the most, interesting thing would be to see if we can size down a steam tubine to fit into a car.I understand that smaller steam turbines are'nt as effecient as the one's you would find in a power plant.

This is a technological

This is a technological dead-end IMO and should not be pursued by general industry. The reason is that it doesn't address the 2 biggest problems with our current transportation infrastructure:

1.) Being highly specialized and non-extensible--it is not future compatible. Even though there have been rapid developments in alternative energy sources, our road vehicles cannot make use of them. And if a new energy source were discovered tomorrow, it too would be of no benefit to our transportation infrastructure.

Likewise, if you had a fleet of EC steam vehicles, you would still be essentially limited to the use of combustible fuels. They provide no easy way of switching to new fuel sources or even using the majority of existing clean/renewable power sources. It's also questionable whether a cheap system could be designed to effectively use all of the combustible fuels listed.

2.) Distributed power generation is enormously inefficient. Having a handful of large, centralized power plants is far more desirable than having millions of tiny power plants. Not only can you generate power more efficiently with large steam turbines, but it can also be much cleaner. Cars do have catalytic converters, but portability & cost requirements limit the amount of technology that can be used. With centralized power plants, that is not an issue. It is also cheaper to install multimillion-dollar chemical scrubbers on a couple of smoke stacks rather than millions of individual tailpipes. Furthermore, using centralized power plants also makes it easier to implement new technologies and power sources, again, by virtue of having to modify/replace only a handful of power plants rather than many millions.

Having millions of tiny steam turbines on the road is, not only very dangerous (turbines need to spin at very high speeds to be efficient; a single broken turbine blade could be disastrous), it is neither economical nor an efficient way of generating power.

Really, the only viable way have both extensibility and efficiency is to deploy plug-in electric vehicles (or gas-electric hybrids to ease the transition). An electricity-based transportation infrastructure w/ centralized power generation is essentially future-proof and will be able to immediately benefit from any technological advances or instantly adapt to new power sources.

It also creates a separation of concerns. Car designers can focus solely on building good transportation vehicles rather than a transportation vehicle + mobile power plant. And power plant designers can focus on building clean and efficient steam turbines without being limited by size, public safety, or other vehicle concerns.