+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Had same problems in 07, 08,

Had same problems in 07, 08, 10, 11 and now. How did your repair result? THanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Recently dropped off my 2007

Recently dropped off my 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid for the same issue. The engine would cut out as I was accelerating with the "stop safely now" message. To get it to restart I would have to park it and remove the keys for a few seconds before restarting the engine. This happened to me 3 times on my way home, the 3rd time it gave an additional notification of "engine overheating". Oil was clean, fluid levels seemed fine.

The dealership diagnosed it as an electronic water pump issue. I got the car back now, but the car still feels like it's having trouble accelerating. Around 2000 RPM's I notice some rumbling in the gas pedal. It feels like the engine is fighting back at me, and I dread that one of the cylinders is just gonna shoot out of the hood or something.

After reading some of these comments, I'm now afraid there is an issue with the transmission or the Hybrid Engine. I have relayed these concerns to the dealership and rescheduled an appointment. I just hope I am not doing further damage by driving it. I will update after my 2nd appointment.

I have a 2007 Hybrid Escape

I have a 2007 Hybrid Escape with the same "Stop Safely Now" message and engine cut-out. I can't drive more than 20 freeway miles at a time. And today it happened while going up a hill after just crossing town. I have been unable to find any notice of a recall but I've seen it mentioned here.
    Nikki101, or GaryG.... Can anyone confirm?? Where can I find this information. Thanks