+ Reply to Thread

downloading phone numbers from cellphone to navigation system

Can you download all your phone numbers from you mobile phone to your navigation system? I can't. I happily own an 07 Prius, package #6. I am a Verizon customer and although I can sync with the speaker system on my nav, I cannot download/sync my phone numbers to the Prius with my Motorola 815. I hear the only company that will sync is Cingular. Is this true? Has anyone had luck with their phones? And what cellphone company do you use?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Prius Phone Books Sync

Can't believe you haven't got a response on this yet. I can't sync my blue tooth phone's contact list with my 07 Prius, and I don't know why. I've followed all the directions (which are pooly written.)

Are we the only two people with this problem?

I am able to sync my Verizon Treo 650 with my 07 Prius (no navigation), but I have only tried one number at a time. One of the keys to success is that the numbers need to be in the phone as only digits (no spaces, dashes, parenthesis, etc). When I get more time to clean up my phone book I will try to sync by category.

All the best,
    Joe

Win Mobile 5

I was able to send all of my numbers to the '05 Prius contact list using a Symbian PDA (Sony Ericsson p-910) but not my new Win Mobile 5 Treo 750 (Cingular) because Win Mobile 5 only allows one number to be sent at a time - not the entire phone list. Bad.

It's not the Phones guys and gals ........ it's the provider ..... Cingular Great usally allows you to copy all numbers at one time and transfer them as a Unit to your Prius or Camry Hybrid ....... T-mobil also great , Verizon Sucks ......... I can bond a Treio to a hybrid with any carrier but Verizon. Transfering data is up to the Carrier, Some will let you transfer the entire book ......... some will require a Name by name or Number by number transfer ......... and a Few won't let you transfer anything

Also found out the certain Carriers have security protocals that make it impossible to bond or transfer without bring the unit to them so they can "modify" the protocals ......... for a Minimal fee of course .....

So some will be lucky and others will have a daunting task ahead of yourself ....... Easiest way to do it is take a nice loooooooooong drive and have all the important people call you while your in the car ... then just save the incoming number to your book. That way you get rid of all those old girlfriends numbers and such!!!!

Have fun

download of cell phone numbers

I have a 2006 Prius, package #5. It seems that the manual must have been written without regard to the fact that the described process does not work. I tried the download without success. I have Verizon.

Jim K

Cell Phone Compatibility List

You can find which cell phones do what with your car - namely transfer phonebook entries on the Toyota Talk site.

Go to this page and enter your Car and Phone info to find out what features you have available to you:

http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm

Angela
    2007 Prius Owner since April 2, 2007