+ Reply to Thread

who's getting the full 3000 tax credit?

gotta clear up some questions when this thread becomes active.

I'm hella confused lol since i'm filing my taxes tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Depends on when you bought your Prius. If you bought it last year, before Oct. 1, you can take the full $3,150 credit for 2006. If you bought it Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, 2006, you can take half--$1,575. And that half-credit is good only through March 31, then it drops by half again.

It also depends...

On how much you owe to begin with. Check out this article (and the ensuing heated debate ) for more information.

Basically, the credit (whether half or full) only counts against taxes you owe after all your other deductions and credits. This means that people who owe less tax benefit less. And watch out for that Alternative Minimum Tax! Don't file your taxes until you're sure.

Of course, lots of people didn't get a cent of credit, because we bought in 2004 or 2005...I got a little deduction back then, which was fine. So don't feel too bad if you get skunked by the IRS. Just enjoy your car!

the real deal

Check this site for the whole story.
    http://www.toyota.com/prius/tax.html

http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/tax-credit-fight-t1228.html

I love my car...

I love my car, I didnt get it solely for the tax credit. I've become more conscious about the environments situation and how we humans as a population are doing everything possible to destroy it...

I'm proud when people come up to me and ask me about my prius as well as when I clean it. I don't feel as guilty about driving as say someone with a V8 truck/suv. When gas hits 4 bucks a gallon, it will be smooth sailing for hybrid drivers, and all those V8'ers will be stuck spending nearly 150 bucks trying to fill their tanks, while us hybrid drivers, only spend what, 10-15 more for a full tank (assuming you are spending roughly 20 bucks for a full tank)

More people must be converted to hybrid lovers.