+ Reply to Thread

EV button for Prius 04-07

this is the breakdown of what I have found out so far from PC

04-05 prius' have the following part numbers:
    84720-47010 is for the EV button also known as the switch assy. patern
    90980-10964 is for the housing for the EV button.
    I have done some investigating and have found a site that sells the OEM parts for under $30. That is the total for both - $25 EV button and $4 housing- This is an unheard of cost so I want to try and check it out first.

06'-07'
    I have found it very difficult to find the part numbers for the 06-07 prius' Can someone help? I saw a reference to a 84720-47020, but it seems that Germany and Japan dealers replys are always "not a real part #".---NEED HELP HERE!!!

DIY Install (sorry but some of the links did not work for me so I have not included them)
    04'-05'
    http://www.scubadivervideo.com/Files/factoryEV.pdf
    http://www.calcars.org/prius-evbutton-install.pdf

06'-07'
    http://web.mac.com/gagix/iWeb/PriusMods/EVButton.html
    http://www.evnut.com/prius_ev_mode.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

well just to follow up - I placed an order today and only had to pay $128.73 for 3 sets of buttons and the housings. I hope these were the right numbers. The supplier spent a lot of time looking the parts up for me (he is in Japan). His cost is almost that of the dealer not a 200% price increase as other sites are. I saw one site that was $132 for just 1 set of button and matching housing. More to come. These are suppose to be the infamous OEM buttons from toyota. If they have part numbers I will post next time

Did the buttons arrive? Looking for vendor

Hi Shaun,

I noticed you purchased the OEM buttons about a month ago now, have they arrived? Can you post the web-site/contacts? I'm looking for an OEM button for my 06 prius.

-Mark

It worked

I am still checking on status of some parts, but just to let you all know that IT WORKED. 2005 I have verified the numbers; 2006 still working on some. It took 10 days for packages to arrive from the time I made the order. If you have questions email me as I am putting the information into a spreadsheet and updating with comments that others have found. I checked out 4 vendors: one in germany and 3 in japan. 2 vendors: the parts are about $50including the shipping and japans regular 5% commission. These have no wires just button and connector housing. I am looking for the part numbers for wires for both 05' and 06' (found references but awaiting verification).

Suppliers

Hi Shaun,

This configuration of vBulletin doesn't let me EMail you directly, however I am interested in purchasing the parts. Can you post the info on the forum so everyone has access to it? I know quite a few people are looking for it.

-Mark

2007 Prius w/ EV button

Bought the part a couple of months ago, put it in 3 weeks ago, and LOVE it. Daily commute starts with 3 mins mostly downhill, now completely in silent mode!! AND I'm getting 55 mpg (last 380 miles) though it's probably an aberration, and almost definitely not related to the EV button.

Four hours to put in the button (OEM from Sigma Automotive), but I'm sure I could do the next in 1.5.

Two guys from work ordered the button as well, but then got scared about the warranty; anybody interested, let me know!

FritzFratz

Hi, we have a 2008 Prius

Hi, we have a 2008 Prius with the dealer offered lifetime warranty including the Hybrid system. My dealer said that if we could furnish factory part numbers that he could order from Toyota he would install and keep our warranty in effect. Can you supply part numbers that will work in a 2008? Thanks, George