+ Reply to Thread

How safe is the escape?

I have to get a new car my 1998 honda odyssey is costing me to much in maintence it has about 138,000 miles on it When I bought it in 1998 it was the smallest mini van and the safest most energy efficient at the time. I really like the ford escape. It has everything I want except the rating isn't too great in safety. and the reliability I mean if I pay 31.000 dollars for a car I expect it to be reliable. I like to go birding. and that's why I want 4wheel drive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sarahbn View Post
    I have to get a new car my 1998 honda odyssey is costing me to much in maintence it has about 138,000 miles on it When I bought it in 1998 it was the smallest mini van and the safest most energy efficient at the time. I really like the ford escape. It has everything I want except the rating isn't too great in safety. and the reliability I mean if I pay 31.000 dollars for a car I expect it to be reliable. I like to go birding. and that's why I want 4wheel drive.
    Hi Sarah

The '08 FEH will have more standard safety equipment. My '05 has had a great reliability record and I purchased the side canopy air bags that's stardard on the '08 now. If you need the AWD ok, but my FWD does just fine regarding traction and better mileage. My thinking was, take all the options and save on the AWD expense. The AWD is exceptional with traction though.

The only thing is, you can't get the battery level without the $2,000 Navigation System. If you don't get the premium package in the '07, you don't get the great speaker system with the Nav sys. Not sure how they are going to package the options on the '08.

Of course, I love my FEH, and will strongly consider the '08.

GaryG

Do you know when the 08 will be for sale? The speaker system isn't that important to me, nor is the navigation system. Can this car be serviced anywhere?

Servicing the FEH

While I think most any shop could probably do the oil changes, I am only trusting the Ford FEH trained mechanics to work on my 2005. My two cents.......

Thanks I went to the local autoshow this weekend and saw the 08 escape hybrid It's about 1000 dollars less than the 07 and while all the airbags side etc are standart their antirollover technology isn't available even as an option only on the gasoline model. That's anoying personally I would take safety over sound systems anyday. But when the snow stops I will be heading down to my local ford dealer and ordering the 2008 It should be here by the end of march.

wow. they are doing great to get you an '08 that soon. We tried to order our '08 and were told 6-8 weeks minimum 12 weeks max so we took an '07 with all the options since we are moving from Florida to Utah soon and couldn't wait. Since we wanted AWD the dealer swapped one with another dealer here in Florida. And the incentive was there also, below invoice and no dealer BS add on fees and to top it 0% APR so a no-brainer for us. We did get the side curtain airbags in the option package.

They told me 8 to 10 weeks I'm not in any rush So hopefully it will be in by May. I just hope I bought the right car. I liked the look of the Toyota Highlander it looks alot like my 1998 honda odyssey and safer than the Escape Only difference it gets less miles per gallon

Well I picked up my car yesterday. So far so good I didn't get the navigation system so I'm not sure what the actual miles per gallon is yet.

shut up

shut up

shut up

shut up