+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where is this "Computer" read ou?

Quote Originally Posted by langjie View Post
    so far, after 1 week of driving, i've gone 340 miles and the computer has told me i'm getting 35.2 mpg. when the engine breaks in, i expect this to be more easily achieved. i am starting to accelerate a bit faster and my fuel economy has gone up!
    I am looking for a mpg gage on the dash where is it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

oh my

Quote Originally Posted by langjie View Post
    so far, after 1 week of driving, i've gone 340 miles and the computer has told me i'm getting 35.2 mpg. when the engine breaks in, i expect this to be more easily achieved. i am starting to accelerate a bit faster and my fuel economy has gone up!
    after 1 week of driving my NAH substitute (a 2000 Chrysler 300M), I've averaged 19.9 mpg. ouch. at least I can hope that my next car won't run on gas... 4 year countdown... maybe I'll get an Altima or Maxima full eletric. haha. nah, I won't get my hopes up too high.

MPG display

Quote Originally Posted by GripperDon View Post
    I am looking for a mpg gage on the dash where is it?
    It's a LCD readout / lower center on the instument panel.

Behind the steering wheel to the left there are two push buttons - kind of hard to see. The button on the left will scroll you through various modes: average mpg/speed > instantaneous mpg > outside temp > warnings/alerts. The button to the right is used to reset.

THANKs

I Was Looking In The Wrong Place.

I Was Looking In The Wrong Place.
    lloyd beat me to the punch, haha

how's the fuel economy now? i'm at 2222 miles and i average 35.0 mpg from the pump. computer is a bit off as it says 36.2

i go to fueleconomy.com to track my fuel records

Do you suppose the pump is off?

Telling you more gas than you really bought to charge you more. ?

Telling you more gas than you really bought to charge you more. ?
    i would say some are probably off. the pumps do get inspected by the weights and measures office

My computer seems accurate

Topped off last week and then topped off again today at the same pump - about 300 miles in mixed driving. Doing the math I got 38.2 - the NAH's computer read 38.1 so I feel confident that whatever my car's computer calculates is fairly acurate.

seem like you all are getting really good fuel econ. I have like 150 mi on my NAH, and right now I am averaging about 32.9 m/gallon. I acc really slow but how come I don't get the mileage you guys getting. Is it going to get better? When I first purchased from dealer, it is at 19.9 m/gallon.

FE still getting better

I still haven't reset my car's FE computer number since I picked it up from the dealer - about 1,600 miles - and it has now climbed up to 39.7 mpg. I don't know what I'm doing special - I accererate gently but not so much that I'm a road hazard. In fact, I spend a lot of time in the left lane. The main difference in my driving style over my previous car is that I'm now willing to put in more "sweat equity" meaning I drive without the AC on. I've been surprised that even up to about 85 degrees outside I'm still quite comfortable with just the windows open. I think the cloth seats in the NAH are very good at helping me keep cool.

Doing the exact same commute with my previous car - a 2003 Passat sedan with the 1.8T - a got about 28.5 mpg so the NAH has improved on that by over 11 mpg.

I think I'll be taking a big hit on FE in the winter as my old Passat would loose about 2 mpg in the cold weather.