+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by f77126 View Post
    seem like you all are getting really good fuel econ. I have like 150 mi on my NAH, and right now I am averaging about 32.9 m/gallon. I acc really slow but how come I don't get the mileage you guys getting. Is it going to get better? When I first purchased from dealer, it is at 19.9 m/gallon.
    Someone told me that mileage on a new car sux - that the engine has to loosen up. Sounds silly to me, but he's a mechanical engineer, so maybe. Anyway, that's about what happened to me, really low mileage when new, going up slowly. I think I was about the same at 150miles. I got 36.2mpg on my first tank, but the display said 34.5.

-Gren

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

i agree with this...my mileage has gotten 1-2 mpg more after a couple of thousand miles

Well I got 30.5 for the first tank, Not very impressive. About 1/2 way thru on the second and at 31.5 better but not a winner yet.

AND TODAY !! Ta TA finished the second tank for an overall tank mileage of 34.5 Drum roll please. Hey this baby is gona be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by GripperDon View Post
    AND TODAY !! Ta TA finished the second tank for an overall tank mileage of 34.5 Drum roll please. Hey this baby is gona be a winner.
    it'll only get better

I am at 9500 miles and it is getting 37.1 mpg. Mostly highway keeping to 65 as best as possible. Quite happy with that!!!

Altima Hybrid Fuel Economy

Just bought my Altima Hybrid 2 weeks ago. One long trip about 400 miles and the rest local errands. With the long trip and 1 week of local travel the gauge indicates 38.3 MPG. Driving mainly with cruise on at speed limit.

I'm keeping running data at my blog. Please feel free to comment. Also posted picture of the instrument cluster.

http://blog.mygreenaltima.com

Starting Milage

The saleman told me that it takes about a month for the Altima Hybrid to learn how I drive before it would get the best fuel economy.

http://blog.mygreenaltima.com

Quote Originally Posted by mygreenaltima View Post
    The saleman told me that it takes about a month for the Altima Hybrid to learn how I drive before it would get the best fuel economy.
    I could be wrong but I think your salesman is typical of most of them out there - they don't know thier axle from their manifold.

I've read quite a bit about the NAH hybrid system and I've never run across any mention of an adaptive system based on driver input. I know some cars with adaptive systems adjust shift points based on how you drive over time but the NAH has the Toyota power split device which doesn't have shift points. I believe that the NAH system always tries to maximize economy and it's more or less up to you to adapt to get the most from the system.

One way to boost fuel

One way to boost fuel economy is to shut off the climate control when you slow down/stop (whenever you would normally expect to go into EV mode) when you are running the heat AND the engine is not fully warmed up (1st ~10 mins. of driving). If the engine is cold and the climate control is struggling to bring the cabin up to the set temp., the engine will not shut down, even if you are stopped dead, because it is trying to make you comfy. Stay cold and save fuel! Just remember to turn the climate control back on when you start up again to warm your tootsires!