+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Fitzmall has my car about $1200 over invoice. I got mine from Darcars Silver Spring for $900 over invoice at an even $30k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

$3000 off MSRP

Got mine today for $3029 off MSRP/Sticker price ($30929) in SJ, CA...fully loaded...about $400 over invoice...could probably still do better but could live with that...

Info/Pricing for 36mos Lease

Here in NJ I did a lot of calling and emailing (after doing all the research, of course.) MSRP was $28,132. Sale price best was $25,626. Pretty good--about $500 over dealer cost. The sticking points here in NJ seem to be: 1) the resdual they all use and 2) the money factor. On the former, despite industry estimates of 63% residual value (whch would make this car worth $17,640 at lease end), no dealer in Northern NJ will give over $15,800 residual. This makes the lease more expensive for starters. On the latter, money factor, I couldn't get a firm answer. I had several lease quotes based on those kinds of numbers. With tier 1 credit rating, my best price was $457 a month with a TOTAL of $750 down (includes tags and 1st month; 7% tax is included in each monthly payment. Another dealer had $500 down but $471 a month. Hope this helps any who are looking.

I am in N. Calif and paid $239xx + taxes for my 2008 TCH with Upgrade option (JBL Premium surround, bluetooth, 16" alloy, all 5 mats, cargo net)

Camry price negotiation in Canada

I discovered this site http://carcostcanada.com/1/en/feedback.asp

before I bought my Camry. Judging from the reaction of both the credit manager (I think thats what his title was) and the saleman I was dealing with, Im pleased I used the website info. The main thing that this site offers is giving the dealer price for the car you are interested in. Just printing out the sheet for the Camry Hybrid and showing it to the dealer seemed to impress (or intimidate) them. My impression it that its not that easy to haggle to get the best price, as often the dealer kind of wants you to commit to your offer. However, having this piece of paper reduced the amount of haggling that needs to be done. And at least you kind of know where to start rather than letting them start the process

car prices tend to vary on region

negotiating the price for a camry hybrid also depends on where you are getting it from. toyotas tend to be a bargain in the midwest region (metro detroit area) especially because they got stiff competition from competitors (not neccessarily a hybrid vehicle). sometimes, a slightly longer drive gets you a better price.

I recommend using CarMax.com

I recommend using CarMax.com for a new Camry Hybrid price quote. There are dealers in certain states that participate. A fully loaded 2008 Camry Hybrid can be had for $28868.00. Sticker is $31,119. That represents a savings of $2251.00. Granted the participating dealers are in Kenosh, WI (Milwaukee) and Laurel, MD (Baltimore). That represents a savings worth driving for or you can use the information in an attempt to get the best price from your local dealer. Other Camry's w/less options can be had for heady discounts (relatively speaking). If this link doesn't work, just go to carmax.com and find your way:

http://www.carmax.com/dyn/search/sea...x?N=4294966438

You may have to copy and paste the url in your browser window.

It is worth checking out

Good luck.
    - Dan

My fiance leased an 08 CE

My fiance leased an 08 CE hybrid with ALL options (leather, nav, bluetooth, roof) for $440 including tax last night. Lease terms were 39 months 15k/yr. All inceptions were rolled into the lease so it was a true sign and drive. We probably could have grinded a few more dollars out of the dealer but I felt it was a fair deal. (King Toyota Dearfield Beach) The price used for cap cost was invoice. Any feedback would be welcomed.
    PS stay away from JM Lexus. They use old school scumbag tactics.

I just purchased a 2009

I just purchased a 2009 Camry Hybrid with leather, navigation, sunroof, heated seats, and floor mats. The MSRP was 31,781, and I paid 27,439, which was under invoice. I had submitted a price request to carsdirect for a car with leather and navigation, but no sunroof or other options, and they quoted me 27,439. I then emailed a few dealers I knew to see if they could beat that. The dealer that we bought our Prius from in 2006 said he only had the car with the sunroof, but he would match the price from carsdirect. We drove down that evening. I think with the sagging economy there is more room to deal.

We boubht a Jasper Pearl 09

We boubht a Jasper Pearl 09 TCH yesterday--researched for while and shopped this week testing Hybrid Camrys, 4s and V6s, new Malibu and the new Honda Accord V6 top of the line sedam XLE--
    there was lot of punch in the Malibu and the Accord V6 but that engine really is notiicible in the variable speed transmission shifting on freeway -- at least in that car--my husband has a new Tahoe with the variable speed and there is nothing noticible about it but the light going on and off...

we drove a loaded 4 cyl Camry and could have gotten it at 4100 discount from sticker due to special discount from the Gulf States area Toyota wholesaler (according to the sales manager we were talking to) before we even started talking trade or any other dicounts...

Carmy hybrids must be popular in my area--DFW, TX--that dealer had none on the lot, the dealer we bought from had only 2, and the first place we went had 3 but none with the leather interior package I wanted---I had sent out Internet quote requests and one guy who responded from dealership in Irving told me that there were no discounts off list price--when I told him that a dealer offered a 3000 discount trying to sell me a car I did not really want (grey leather) without even serious negotiations--he was taken aback...of course THAT dealer was not really serious--was not gong togive me anyting for my trade-in...
    We got offered 31968 car at 30000 from another Internet request so we went to talk to that guy and drive the car--we got them to up the trade offer and give a little on couple of options we wanted--so we felt pretty good---
    they made some money but it was the first of the month and no real incentives--we were not fiancing --and we had a difficult time getting a tan leather with options we wanted...