+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

The Volt may be officially

The Volt may be officially unveiled at GM's centennial celebration on Sept 16 '08

http://wot.motortrend.com/6292196/gr...nth/index.html

The hype continues. Hopefully reality isn't too far behind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

woot less than 2 weeks away.

woot less than 2 weeks away. I can't wait. : )

I just posted a comment on

I just posted a comment on the Volt article, but I should have commented here instead. Basically, I was pondering an option package for the Volt to have the range-extender replaced with a larger or second battery. It would make the Volt a mid-sized, pure-EV in the $35,000-$45,000 price range... maybe beating Tesla Motors to the punch. At least that sounds good to me.

http://www.hybridcars.com/concept-hy...t-concept.html

See the last comment at the bottom. What do you think?

Yeah, sign me up for a Volt if I can get one without the range extender.

That would be interesting

That would be interesting and rumor has it that GM has indeed been thinking of something like that to possibly go to market. We will see. : )

YES< finally a car that runs

YES&lt; finally a car that runs without gas...cannot wait until it comes!!! I am getting one for me and the wife. They need to mass produce as soon as possible. However, I am kind of curious what the Japanese have in-store?

Yes I will buy one

Yes I will buy one

Yes, I will buy an EV. But

Yes, I will buy an EV. But not the first version at the high price.

If you want the public to test them and get hooked, sell it cheap first. Look at how the foreign car got it's base in the U.S. or how the AutoDesk industry got every architect in the country.

That is the point of the tax

That is the point of the tax credit. I think the biggest barrier to this thing going into yours and mines hands first year is not necesarily price, but actually production numbers, which will likely be low the first year. A $7500 tax credit is more than enough to convince me to buy this thing, unless of course there are awful dealer mark-ups.

$7500 tax credit saves me

$7500 tax credit saves me approx. $2000
    Big Whoop.

I will buy (2) chevy Volts

I will buy (2) chevy Volts when they are avialable.
    This is going to be the next car revolution, and it will pull GM out of its financial woes. I have been known as a visionary and this is exactly what I see for the future of GM and this country.