+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A group of cities called Plug-in Partners has been having its members "order" plug-in hybrids to gauge interest. How many of you would buy a Chevy Volt if/when it comes to market in 3 years?

Put me down for one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I just called my local Chevy dealer and told them to call me when they have a delivery date. Assuming they come fairly close to what they hint at, I'll get one.

How much???

I wonder how much they will sell for. Like an expensive hybrid now, or like a luxury car? Who will be able to afford them? Maybe this one will really be for the movie stars.

If it's around the same price as a loaded Prius, I guess it would still be worth it. At least they didn't put it under the Cadillac name.

Add one more to the list, but only if it's not outrageously expensive.

I will buy one as soon as it comes out.

On another story somebody posted a link where you can let gm know you want to see the Volt for real.

http://www.chevrolet.com/electriccar/

If they make it right, i'd buy one.

I'd Buy One

If Chevy made the Volt, and if it was reasonably affordable (ie. under $30k), I would certainly buy one.

My drive to work is only 4.1 miles. It's all stop&go, so even my Civic Hybrid gets mediocre gas mileage. But an EV would do the trick for me!

Volt, great design and idea.

GM will have to fight to get this to market. The oil cartel will fight this one just like they did the use of hydrogen that GM proposed. Good luck GM.

Ev2

EV 2?

Well since GM has stated on a number of occasions that they can not produce electric cars and that they are unmarketable, I don't think it will ever come to market.

If it did, I'd consider buying one, but never leasing! Last time GM went electric, they leased and when the lease was over they denied renewals, gathered up the fleet, and scraped the cars. People offered upwards of $1.5 million for the cars but the response was categorically NO!

Maybe they've changed, but many of the same people that killed the first GM electric push still work at GM.

Good luck guys, but based on history, I for one am very skeptical.

Average MPG current tank = 58.3
    Best trip MPG current tank = 68.20 for 27.4 mi

Tired of misleading hybrid tax credits? Goto FairTax.org

Dan <11011011>

The Volt was a PR stunt

Hello all,

The Volt was just a PR stunt so GM could get some media attention.
    They have no intention of making it. They just took their Camaro
    concept, tweaked it a little, and called it a Volt. The car that made
    the news was just a body and not functional. It's sad to see GM
    playing these teaser games.

That's mt $.02
    Steve

Interested in the Chevy

Interested in the Chevy Volt. Appears must wait a LONG time to be able to order one. Reminds me of the Pontiac Solstice scene from a couple of years ago. I ordered a Solstice in '05, it was supposed to be an '06, and by the time I finally got it, it was an '07!