+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

toyota starts putting priuses in their lots....

it astounds me, maybe the prius rush is over?

I was at a toyota dealership test driving the highlander hybrid, and I noticed that there were 6 priuses lined up against the wall... So why did they decide to finally put the cars on the lot? All I know is that whoever buys priuses now won't get the full IRS tax rebate...

Comments? Suggestions?

Get at me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

$1575 until end of March

The $1575 credit (half the original) is still pretty good, and lots of people (incl. me) bought the cars before the tax rules gave benefits that were anywhere near that.

What's probably happened is that the factories can finally meet Prius demand. Did you happen to ask if those were already spoken for or if they were available?

Quote Originally Posted by hookem-horns View Post
    The $1575 credit (half the original) is still pretty good, and lots of people (incl. me) bought the cars before the tax rules gave benefits that were anywhere near that.

What's probably happened is that the factories can finally meet Prius demand. Did you happen to ask if those were already spoken for or if they were available?
    Yeah, I asked the dealer who was with me when I test drive the highlander hybrid, he told me those priuses that were lined up against the wall were for anyone who wanted them. Muhaha. I'm happy I got mine before they halved the rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by the1trigger View Post

I was at a toyota dealership test driving the highlander hybrid, and I noticed that there were 6 priuses lined up against the wall... So why did they decide to finally put the cars on the lot? All I know is that whoever buys priuses now won't get the full IRS tax rebate...

Comments? Suggestions?

Get at me!
    Have you ever been at a nightclub where the line is out the door? Once you get in past the bouncers who think they are CIA agents, you realize that the club inside is far emptier than the line of people outside on the street?

I believe dealers pull the same crap...hoping you'll pay the cover charge to be a Prius owner.

The only thing that really matters is the price. If there are a lot of cars in inventory, the prices will go down. So far I haven't noticed that happening, at least not on my search for the past two months. Yes, you can buy at less than MSRP, but not by much.

thats...

total BS... I guess the nice tax credit covers for it. XD

On the lot now....just wait.

I bought my Prius last Friday, and I observed that there were still 5 Priuses on the lot. However, there were also quite a few on the lot in December, 2005when I did my first test drive. By the first of June 2006, there was a one-month wait to get one, as gas prices shot up to near the $3.00 mark. I suspect that as this summer's still higher peak prices begin to appear at gas stations, they'll become hard to find again. If you know someone who's looking for a Prius, or a hybrid Camry, get them now while there is some choice of color and options.

total BS... I guess the nice tax credit covers for it. XD
    Practically speaking, you only get back your tax bracket's portion of that tax credit, so you don't really get back what the stealerships are trying to get out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Practically speaking, you only get back your tax bracket's portion of that tax credit, so you don't really get back what the stealerships are trying to get out of you.
    the full 3000? I thought tax brackets didnt matter?

I just bought a Prius from a dealer with several cars on the lot and a few more on the way. 2 months ago all they had were a couple of used low mileage cars for sale at new car MSRP.
    I bought my '07 at $500 over invoice (my first new car), which more than makes up for the decreased tax credit.
    Question - I still have the option to purchase an extended warranty for $800
    that will extend bumper to bumper protection to 6 yrs and 75,000 mi.
    Any advice from those more experienced?

Comments? Suggestions?

Get at me!