+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    My 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid has about 130,000 miles on it - I'm satisfied. My wife was so impressed with my hybrid that we bought her a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid which now has about 40,000 miles on it - she's satisfied. Our daughter was so impressed with our hybrids that she bought a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid which now has a few miles on it - she's satisfied. We have friends and co-workers who have hybrids - I can't think of one of them who isn't satisfied.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

So far so GREAT!!

Just got mine - a 2006 Prius - still reeling from the excitement. Glad to hear all the good comments.

Just measured mileage on my first tank of gas

Just bought my 2006 Civic Hybrid Saturday, I'm quite pleased so far.

Driving normally yesterday with no cruise control on a 210 mile trip, with a little city, but mostly highway driving I got 45 mpg (by actually measuring the consumption) and that's pretty close to what the mpg indicator read. I was going about 74 mph on the highway.

HOWEVER, the last 20 miles I tried to optimize the mileage using the cruise control and I found a sweet spot of between 53 - 57 mph at which the fuel economy meter was hovering at about 53+mpg. As I got up to about 60mph the gas mileage dropped off noticeably. I think the EPA mileage ratings are still based on the 55 mph test. So it seems accurate if that's the case.
    I'm going to try using the cruise control to optimize mileage for at least 100 miles and see what I can get...That's pretty anal, but I just want to see what the maximum efficiency is. So if gas goes up to $4 per gallon I may want to slow down to 55.

You have a wonderful car ashevillejax, and good mileage too.

I applaud you for your interest in driving more efficiently. I used to be hard core 85-90MPG Left lane aggressive tailgater and had no clue how much fuel $$ I was wasting for the thrill.
    I drive almost 100 miles a day (47miles each way) and in Jan 2004 bought a new HCH. Here I am 3 years later and drive completely differently in a safer, more efficient and courtious manner.

Your cruise control may prove to be WAY too boring as was in my own case and is not the most efficient way to go.
    I'd suggest reading this excellent efficiency write-up specifically for your car:
    http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/artic...h-ii-1306.html

Quote Originally Posted by ashevillejax View Post
    Just bought my 2006 Civic Hybrid Saturday, I'm quite pleased so far.

Driving normally yesterday with no cruise control on a 210 mile trip, with a little city, but mostly highway driving I got 45 mpg (by actually measuring the consumption) and that's pretty close to what the mpg indicator read. I was going about 74 mph on the highway.

HOWEVER, the last 20 miles I tried to optimize the mileage using the cruise control and I found a sweet spot of between 53 - 57 mph at which the fuel economy meter was hovering at about 53+mpg. As I got up to about 60mph the gas mileage dropped off noticeably. I think the EPA mileage ratings are still based on the 55 mph test. So it seems accurate if that's the case.
    I'm going to try using the cruise control to optimize mileage for at least 100 miles and see what I can get...That's pretty anal, but I just want to see what the maximum efficiency is. So if gas goes up to $4 per gallon I may want to slow down to 55.

Oh, and you are in for a surprise at your next fillup. On our 2006/2007 Civic Hybrids, the displayed mileage is often computed rather conservatively. Many folks actually perform the calculation by hand at the time of fillup, only to discover that the actual mileage is better than displayed figures.

How much better? Well, some of us notice anywhere from 1 to 2+ MPG difference !

Congrats !!!

Cheers;

MSantos

Very Happy

Quote Originally Posted by oklasooners View Post
    Quick poll, of all the hybrid owners on this board, how satisfied are you and will you buy another hybrid sometime in the future?

I a very satisfied with my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and will only buy hybrids for the rest of my life. What about you?
    Couldn't be happier. Filling up every 10 days sure beats filling up every 4 days! Runs exceptionally smooth, ample room inside and what can I say about gas mileage! I have 10,000 miles on my 2006 Hybrid and am going in for second oil change.

Hch 2006

Never mind the excellent mileage. This is an absolutely great automobile. I don't think I will ever own a "conventional" car again. My wife and I are keepers and we see this one at ten to fifteen years before replacement. I will be retired by then and we will trade it for my "last" one...

Our 2003 HCH CVT has 115K miles and the only problems (all repaired under warranty) have been the EGR valve, an AIS sensor in the passenger seatback and the rattles in the A-Pillers. Replaced the original tires with Dunlop SP20FE's at 57K and replaced those with more of the same at 105K. Original brakes still look good. I guess I should replace the spark plugs, but it still starts and runs great and the MPG meter on the dash shows 51 at a little over 300 miles for this tank of gas. Lifetjme mileage at the pump is right at 43 MPG. I'm 61years old, and this is the 1st NEW car I've ever owned, that I still liked after about a year or so. We've had this one for over 4 years and still love it. It's our 1st Honda and 1st hybrid, but definitely not our last.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by oklasooners View Post
    Quick poll, of all the hybrid owners on this board, how satisfied are you and will you buy another hybrid sometime in the future?

I a very satisfied with my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and will only buy hybrids for the rest of my life. What about you?
    At 56 MPG with the Honda name. How could I not be.....
    07 HCH-II

I purchased my 2006 Toyota

I purchased my 2006 Toyota Prius about a year ago and have fallen completely in love with it. I rarely have to stop at the gas station and can drive with a clear state of mind knowing im helping the environment.