+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Satisfied or Not Satisfied with your Hybrid Car?

Quick poll, of all the hybrid owners on this board, how satisfied are you and will you buy another hybrid sometime in the future?

I a very satisfied with my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and will only buy hybrids for the rest of my life. What about you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2004 Civic Hybrid and have driven it about 85,000 miles so far and still runs/starts/goes as if day one.

It is our 1st small car in 20 years and have been wonderful.
    It has all the pep we'd expect from a small car but gets great economy. The best part is in a pinch we can drive for very radial extreme efficiency not available to many other vehicles.

Other than oil changes and other regular, normal maintenance have had zero problems or issues. I usually grow bored and tired with the same 'ol car after about a year but this is 3 years running and still fantastic.

-Steve

another satisfied customer

Have had a 2005 Prius with the works--vehicle stability control, gps, bluetooth, airbags, etc.--for two years, 50k miles, 45-49 mpg. Never going back to gas-guzzlers!

Quote Originally Posted by oklasooners View Post
    I a very satisfied with my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid and will only buy hybrids for the rest of my life. What about you?
    Same here. I own a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid and a 2007 Prius.
    Traditional cars no longer have a parking spot in my garage or drive way... ever !!

Cheers;

MSantos

Totally Satisfied

I own a 2007 Toyota Prius and couldn't be happier. Even on cold days I get 43mpg or better overall and it handles all types of driving without a problem. Despite being smaller than the Impala I used to drive, it's very roomy and comfortable. No reason I'd go back

Hybrids are a big improvement over pure ICE. I had and EV1 from '00 to '03, got my wife an HCH in '03. Personally, I'm holding out for another plug-in vehicle. Hybrids are better than pure ICE but they can only delay the inevitable (running out of oil, global warming, and petro-politics). The power for plug-in's can be powered from alternative energy sources. Besides, I like not having to go to gas stations.

Yes, definitely. We bought a new Prius in July and are very pleased with it. Although my wife would like a little more room in it, I'm really happy that she can't stuff too much in it on her shopping trips :-)

We'll be buying more hybrids in the future, although we may have to own a non-hybrid. I fly gliders so I need to tow trailers (1500lb) around once in a while, and the Hybrid Highlander is too large and steeply priced for me, so I'm hoping for something else to come along before I need to replace my small pickup.

Bought the 2007 Camry in July and it is a great car. Average 36 mpg with 4400 miles on it. Very comfortable car.

Still satisfied

We own a 2003 HCH w/ 97K miles which now needs a new battery, but Honda is giving us a reduced cost. We've gotten 45-52 mpg consistently for 4 years, and have no compaints (other than the battery). Probably trade it in before 105 K for a 2007 HCH or Prius. Any recommendations for better of the 2 for mountain driving?

Cheers, singram

Quote Originally Posted by singram View Post
    We own a 2003 HCH w/ 97K miles which now needs a new battery, but Honda is giving us a reduced cost. We've gotten 45-52 mpg consistently for 4 years, and have no compaints (other than the battery). Probably trade it in before 105 K for a 2007 HCH or Prius. Any recommendations for better of the 2 for mountain driving?

Cheers, singram
    For fuel efficient mountain driving:

Hybrids:
    The new HCH-2 (or Prius II) will do better for you because the cars' power management systems completely control and maintain the battery. This will help avoid the experience you've had with yours since it was a manual transmission vehicle (If I am right). With a CVT or eCVT that issue should be a thing of the past.

Diesels:
    For the moment a VW or Mercedes is the only easy means to make that happen. However, their quality and reliability is really bottom of the barrel (particularly for Volkswagen).
    If you do not mind waiting a little longer, Honda will be introducing their next generation Diesels to North America soon. It should be by then, a "textbook example" (as it has been in Europe and other world markets) on how to do it right.

MSantos