+ Reply to Thread

Another Newbie Ordered '08 Mariner Today

Until last summer, we really had no interest in hybrids, but after researching several sources - especially this one, y'all convinced us. My wife and I test drove an '07 Mariner on Monday - and ordered an '08 today. Since we live in northern Michigan (snow country), we got the AWD. We hope to enjoy ours as much as this website's readers enjoy theirs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

congrats

congrats, you made a GREAT choice. Hope everything works well for you and this car.

When are you expecting it to show up?
    Does it have a dvd based navigation system?
    I just got my 07 last week couldn't wait for the 08's need it for Ski vacation the first of the year.

Mariner Man --

I've had my FEH for almost 2 years. I purchased the very first one in Northern Nevada. I drive ALOT in the ice and snow. Experienced the very worst of that last weekend, with only an inch or two on the ground, but super, super icy. Everyone had been out Christmas shopping when it began to snow, so at 5 p.m. with tons of people out on the road, there was a tremendous number of cars slipping, sliding, hitting each other, and ultimately being abandoned at the side of the road.

My FEH did not slip even one time in the 1.5 hours that I had to be out in the stuff, and that was even with my husband behind the wheel -- and he's a very agressive driver. Wish the Mariner had been available when I purchased the Ford, but I did get it with every add-on available in '05. Have a blast with your new car. Hope you love it as much as I love mine!

Kim

Mariner Hybrid in the snow and ice

I bought mine this past April in 06 and it is an '07 with the nav. comp. no problems so far. I have been through three bad snow storms in Mass. and N.H. and the AWD is glue on the road. It has been worth the extra money. I am so glad I didn't buy the Escape at a stupid reduced price. They wanted me to buy it at half the value. If they were offering me at that price , something was wrong and my internal B.S. detector was going off in my head. Jason