+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Prius in Snow

I live in Illinois and have

I live in Illinois and have had a 2007 Prius. I have owned the car for 5 years and I am still waiting for it to warm up. Went with snow pants and long underwear..............Love the prius in a lot of ways but in Alaska? hahahahaha. Serious safety considerations. You could easily freeze to death with the heater on full blast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Thank-you for an honest and

Thank-you for an honest and to-the-point answer, I have a 210km (130.488mile) commute to and from work every day. Winter driving conditions can last 8 months of the year October to May. I'm "driving" myself nuts trying to figure out a replacement vehicle to my 2000 Subaru Outback (which I love except for the fuel economy.)
    I have had my eyes on a 2007 Prius for a while and, after reading your answer, think I will pursue with an offer on it. It took me awhile to get used to the Subaru in snow - AWD is great, so long as you know how to use it:
    "As for performance in snow, I think this car is amazing. I quickly learned that you cannot drive it like a regular car when it comes to snow. Once I figured that out, I became very satisfied with it's winter performance."
    A "regular car," being whatever someone is used to driving - driver's need to go to a vacant parking lot with fresh snow and test their vehicles' performance in order to understand how to control it. (Coming from someone who hit ice and did three donuts down the highway at 90kms/hr 55.92mph.)

Now I'm thinking Prius with snows is the way to go