I recently bought a 2008 Camry Hybrid and so far I am averaging 36 MPG doing the same mix of city/hwy driving that yeilded 14.3 MPG in the 2007 Ford King Ranch F-150 that I traded in for the Camry. I am not here to bash American made cars as I loved my King Ranch as well my Z28 and my Tbird etc. that I owned previously, but the 14 MPG was getting hard to swallow as gas got well north of $3/gal. I must however agree with samfatboy in that this is the fifth Toyota I have owned (also owned a Celica, Landcruiser, Tundra, and 4Runner) and I too have found all of my Toyotas to be of the highest quality.

I got the top of the line Camry Hybrid with navigation, bluetooth and leather and and I like the fact that I did not have to sacrifice the level of luxury I wanted in order to improve my gas mileage so drastically. I test drove several cars prior to buying the Camry, (the new Mercedes C-300, Lincoln MKZ, Nissan Altima to name a few) and I was just as impressed by the ride and finish of the Camry as I was any of the others. In the end the Camry Hybrid gets far better gas mileage at a cost of several thousand dollars less for something comparably equipped.