+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

you have Prius, right? Camry

you have Prius, right? Camry Hybrid has power button but no slot. As far as I know, in Prius, key has to be in the slot for car to start.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Left my 2010 Camry running

Left my 2010 Camry running for about 35 minutes. I had the fob in my purse a couple hundred yards away. A friend noticed and let me know. When I went out to check, yes, indeed it was running, radio still blaring.....I too thought that if you left the car idle it would eventually shut off with no fob nearby....also heard no warning beeps as I approached it to check it. does anyone know the rules of the fob for a 2010 (not hybrid) Camry and the engine running?

perhaps you should just ride

perhaps you should just ride a bicycle

My wife and I were going to

My wife and I were going to buy a 2012 Prius V, but learned about the alleged "smart key" and we decided to back out of the deal at the very last minute. We feel the alleged "smart key" is a total rip off. The $500.00+ replacement cost is ludicrous and in many ways the alleged "smart key" is extremely inconvenient and has many drawbacks. Even if it could be replaced for $12.00 I wouldn't want a car with one. It should probably win an award for one of the most worthless over priced accessory every to come as standard equipment in an automobile.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE RANGE OF THE SMART KEY IN MY 2011 TOYOTA TO LOCK/UNLOCK OR OPEN THE SLIDING DOORS IS CLOSE TO 100 FEET. THIS WAS TESTED MANY TIMES. THIS MEANS THAT IF ACTIVATED REMOTELY, ACCIDENTALLY...NOT REAL EASY, BUT STILL POSSIBLE... THE DOOR(S) MAY BE LEFT UNLOCKED....(THEY WILL LOCK IN 60 SECONDS IF DOOR NOT OPENED). BUT IF SLIDING DOOR IS LEFT OPEN, THAT IS A REAL PROBLEM. TRY THIS YOURSELF.

Gerry, what you are talking

Gerry, what you are talking about is simply the keyless entry part of the smart key system. This would be the same as any other vehicle when you PUSH THE BUTTON on the remote to unlock the car or open your sliding doors. The "smart key" feature is when you leave the remote in your pocket and walk up to the car and as you touch the door handle, the car senses that the remote is within 2.5 feet from the door and quickly unlocks the door for you and lets you open it. I may be wrong, but I don't think a Toyota Sienna even comes with a "smart key" feature. I think you are confused.

I own a 2007 Toyota Camry

I own a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. I have been experiencing a problem with the key fob and the car not connecting while the key is still in the car. The digital read out says "Key not detected". It ussually happens when I open and shut the door with the engine still running. I have taken it to the dealership several times and they have not fixed the problem and act like it should not be a problem as long as it doesn't shut down the vehicle. The dealership has replaced the battery in the key fob a couple of times but it doesn't fix the problem. After experiencing this for over a year it has became a serious nuisance. For example: I will leave the car running so my wife and son have heat while I run into the store. As soon as I shut my door the car will start beeping and read "key not detected". Has anybody else had tis problem? Does anybody know a solution?

I also have had the same

I also have had the same problem as TCH07 above. I bought my hybrid highlander used, so have had it for almost a year. It's about three years old now. I replaced the battery about 2 months ago, then to have the battery dead on the smartly FOB last week again. I went back to dealer and they replaced the battery for free thinking it was something with the battery itself. The display is again telling me that the smartkey battery is low, or cannot be detected even though I have the smartkey in my hand, less than a foot from the dash button. I am starting to wonder if the dealer was supposed to configure the smartkey somehow? Someone else suggested that there may be an issue with lent in the smartkey FOB and that it should be replaced. As mentioned above that is between $300 and $400 at the dealer. Or maybe the antennae has failed. Anyone have this issue?

?e?ng ? Newbie, I am

Вeіng а Newbie, I am always гeseаrching
    оnline fοг articlеѕ which wіll
    helρ me get further aheaԁ.

Heya i'm for the first time

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.