+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

I'm about to join the

I'm about to join the conversation. I began having this problemwith my 2007 Prius recently, especially when the wheels were turned in or out sharply when I shut off the car. The panel lit up like a Christmas tree and the P had a square around it but was not filled in, as it is when the car is on. Both the power and the park buttons had their lights on. I looked and looked in the book, but with no avail. I called the dealer who said to straighten out the wheel and try again and it started. It happened again when the wheels were straight and it was after hours so I went to the book and found a sequence to follow to reset which involved setting the emergency brake. It worked. The third time, I couldn't find the page again and tried getting up off the seat and out of the car, since I read that somewhere. But I forgot the button/brake sequence. Now the neighbors frequently see me getting in an out of the car, rolling the window up and down and pressing buttons. Not good PR for Toyota: "The car driven by crazy menopausal women." Something usually ends up working, including making my husband get out of the car until it starts. I'm heading on vacation and leaving the car at another dealership that took care of my last Toyota. If someone has the exact reset sequence, please send it so I'll stop doing all this crazy stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

my prius 2006 wont start,i

my prius 2006 wont start,i tried several times but it gave me a push back,i pulled out the negative aux wire from the auxillary battery at the hatch back,then i gave a jumpstart for about 10min,suddenly it ignited..but after period of time it ranoof with its battery and shutoff,plz suggest me what should i do next!!!!!!!!

I have a 2007 Prius (45K

I have a 2007 Prius (45K mi.) that also has problem starting, About every one/two wks. I am an electrical engineer so I measured the current drain on the 12v battery with everything off. 900ma with smart key ON. 600ma with smart key OFF. This will drain a 46AH battery in about 4 days. I attribute this to the Hybrid vehicle immobilizer system that cannot be turned off as far as I know. (I HAVE NOT TRIED PULLING FUSES). I now have turned off the smart key using the button. Some Solutions: 1. Drive the car often.
    2. Use a trickle charger or solar panel of at least 1 amp.
    3. Disconnect the battery when the car will not be driven for extended periods.
    Another issue is there is no room to install a large 12v battery but you will want to use an AGM battery with the largest AH rating you can fit. (8"H X 9"L X 5.5"W) MAX.
    You may have to modify the battery wires to fit different post styles
    and use battery grease on the terminals.

Way cool! Some extremely

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up and also
    the rest of the website is really good.

We absolutely love your blog

We absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for.
    Does one offer guest writers to write content available for you?
    I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome weblog!

I have been reading out many

I have been reading out many of your posts and it's pretty nice stuff. I will surely bookmark your website.

Fantastic goods from you,

Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you're saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

It's remarkable in favor of

It's remarkable in favor of me to have a website, which is valuable for my know-how. thanks admin

2009 Prius, 58k mi, Car will

2009 Prius, 58k mi, Car will not start 5x over the past 3 months. Taken to dealer 3x, and each time it "checks out ok". They said the battery was stronger than rated. Wtf? really? on a 3-4 yr old battery. Alright buddy.

Two times I was able to start the car by jumping it. Once I was able to start it by just opening and closing all of the doors, trunk, and hood. Two times I had a tow truck come out, the car was parked on a hill, once it was on flat ground, it started right up.

Anyone else have problems with it not starting on hills?

It's wonderful that you are

It's wonderful that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our discussion made here.