+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

that was one of the problems

that was one of the problems with mine... Ended up being 3 relay switches that they had to remove the hybrid battery to figure out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

thank you for infornation

thank you for infornation

Hello Chucktr, I am having

Hello Chucktr,

I am having the same problem as you described four years ago with your prius. Do you still have the car and do you recall what the problem was?

Been having the same issue

Been having the same issue intermittently for the past year. I also noted the same behavior that Joanne did--occasionally, on opening the door after powering off the car, there is a bing-bing-bing alarm, and the key light on the dash flashes.

Normally that does not happen.

The beeping stops if door is closed, but resumes when opened. Only way to make this stop is to restart the car and then power it off again.

This leads me to believe that some subsytem is still powered on when it isn't supposed to be, and perhaps drains the battery to a lower level.

My 2004, 95k Prius starter

My 2004, 95k Prius starter battery drained. Its symptoms were confusing: the warning and engine lights turned on, but the car wouldn't start or turn off normally. I could turn it off by releasing the brakes. After trying several times, the car would beep when the car was off but the door was open, even when the keys were outside the car. Eventually, though, no lights turned on. The battery needed charging.

After the battery got charged the car ran fine. I'm going to take it in tomorrow because the car has been beeping once when I turn off the car.

man, you shouldn't always

man, you shouldn't always believe what the dealerships/mechanics told you. they sometimes lie to the customer about the vehicle. you got lucky they just said it is everything checks out. mine was worst, they told me some problems that didn't actually occurred in my car, to get more money you know. it's a common thing i guess. I've read some 2012 Car Reviews Line and found out about the same case. be careful bro, you better learn more about your own car before decided to put it on the dealership or you can go there with your friend who know better about cars and stuff. wish you luck mate

I have a 2005 Prius That

I have a 2005 Prius That also has problem starting, About ever two wks. Dealer cks it out says its okay. I see a lot of answers , What I don't understand is I can jump it with no problem. They say the better test out good. So if I replace the battery well this fix the "PROBLEM".

I have a 2005 Prius That

I have a 2005 Prius That also has problem starting, About ever two wks. Dealer cks it out says its okay. I see a lot of answers , What I don't understand is I can jump it with no problem. They say the better test out good. So if I replace the battery well this fix the "PROBLEM".

I have a 2005 Prius That

I have a 2007 Prius with 65K

I have a 2007 Prius with 65K miles and works great. I started to see the same exact problem. Triangle of death and it does not start and this happens to me very randomly with no specific pattern.

So I read the whole post:

1. Brake Pedal Switch
    2. 3 Relay switch
    3. 12v battery

Can someone please let us all know who got this fixed and have never seen the problem again. Please reply....