+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

my 05 prius has been doing

my 05 prius has been doing this intermitant no start for the past year. we have taken it to the local dealer and did all the battery checks and could find nothing wrong. this problem has occurred again, i am writing this as i am waiting for the tow truck. i am going to get it towed "as is" so that they might be able to figure something out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

did they ever figure out

did they ever figure out something on your intermitant "no start" problem on your prius. we have been having the same problem, except that it is completely dead.
    Hugo

My 2005 Prius has same

My 2005 Prius has same problem, intermittently refuses to start. Press the Power button and the LED display comes up no response from the shifter. I hit the Power off and on a couple of times and it responds. This has happened 2 times in the last week. Please let me know how you fixed the problem last time. Thanks!

Sounds like you might have a

Sounds like you might have a bad switch on the brake pedal?

start function and gear shift function are interlocked to the brake pedal.

Have someone stand behind the car and check to make sure the
    brake lights come on when you press the brake pedal.

And make sure you press the brake FIRMLY when starting or trying to shift gears.

DOCUMENT THIS PROBLEMS, AND

DOCUMENT THIS PROBLEMS,
    AND TELL TOYOTA TO GIVE YOU A NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BECAUSE ONECE THE WARRANTY IS OVER, YOU WILL HAVE TO SELL YOUR KIDNEYS TO FIX THAT CAR.

IT'S NOT THE TYPE OF CAR YOU CAN TAKE TO ANY AUTO MECHANIC.

Actually, many independant

Actually, many independant shops are starting to gear up to repair hybrids, and there is the begining of an "after market" parts supply chain begining.

Patronize your local indepentant mechanic and make it worth his while to work on hybrids.

I rented a Prius and had

I rented a Prius and had this same problem. The Road Support desk was unable to help me but here is how I think I was able to restart it...
    After running a few errands, I opened the trunk by pointing the smart key at the trunk and pushing the "open" button. I then locked the car to run a few more errands. I then returned and opened the car by pointing the smart key at the door and pushing the "open button".
    The car did not not start in spite of repeated attempts, and a 15 minute "rest period".
    On a whim, I tried opening the trunk with the smart key again and closed it and tried starting the car and it worked. Not sure if there is anything here but I throw this out to you all. Subsequent attempts to start the car in the normal way were successful.

Someone here was talking

Someone here was talking about Lexus and BMW. I have seen these cars and have not been the lease bit impressed.

Lexus has Styrofoam bumpers and the cheapest sheet metal out of any car I have seen with the most expenive price I have ever seen.

Compair to a Cadillac CTS the Cadillac is a much more solid car that seems a lot safer to me.

The Prius for example is the most Tinfoil car that could be taken out with a shopping cart.

I have a 2 friends with Toyota cars and they have both been in minor accidents with the other car not even showing any damage. However the toyota cars Crumple under any sort of a hit and require over $8k in work.

My point is cheap metal costs you more in the end because of the expensive body work.

So I would never purchase a Lexus.

Have an '05 Prius...5 no

Have an '05 Prius...5 no start episodes, and twice to the dealer...everything checks out.

Seems to have something to do with wife sitting in car during lunch, but she swears she shuts everything off.

Will try to replace battery with upgrade kit.

Bought the extended warranty, but it has been no help!!

who cares...the thread is

who cares...the thread is about fixing a problem...not raving about cadillacs vs lexus or toyota...