+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

9/15/10 I had my 2008 Prius

9/15/10
    I had my 2008 Prius suddenly flash warning lights on me while driving home in perfect weather conditions.
    LIghts flashing all at once were:
    Brake system warning light and buzzing indicator red
    Hybrid system warning light
    Malfunction indicator lamp:
    Vehicle stability control system warning light
    Brake system warning light yellow
    tire pressure warning light
    maintenance required light
    Master warning light and buzzer

I was able to safely guide my prius onto my road closest to home before the engines shut off and brakes stopped working. We coasted into the driveway, kids in the car.

After getting it towed to the dealer in Temple, TX....arguing about my in fact having the extended platinum warranty coverage, they relayed it was the inverter water cooling pump but not to worry, my warranty would cover it. I have 48k miles on the odometer.

http://www.lusciousgarage.com/blog/c...r_pump_seized/

Please review this website as this is exactly what was wrong with my 2008 model. And I verified the dealer knew about the technical memo and stated they put in the newer version water pump.
    My experience was less than satisfying mostly from the dealership end but also the non-existant communication about common problems with this part and vehicle.

I will not be buying another. Most likely will switch to the Ford hybrids.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2007 Prius. A few

I have a 2007 Prius. A few days ago a car stopped ahead of me on the freeway. I should have had enough distance to stop the Prius but, in spite of flooring the brake pedal, it just wouldn't stop and I ended up hitting the car in front of me and pretty much totaling the Prius. I have no doubt that something went wrong with the brake system for the Prius not to slow down.

Since I bought my 2007 Prius

Since I bought my 2007 Prius I have had brake problems. For three years I have had the same complaint. When hitting the brakes quickly the brakes lock and I slide. I kept complaining about a banging noise coming from the front passenger side when I am at a stand still at a traffic light. When I mentined it to the dealer they said this was normal. However, the noices seemed to be getting louder and the brakes still locked. Finally, recently the dealer decided it was the anti-lock brakes that were not working and replaced them under warrenty. Hope this helps others.

I have a 2007 Prius that

I have a 2007 Prius that just went over 75000 miles. I've had no problems whatsoever with the car. My brakes have always worked fine.

On Saturday, March 5, 2011,

On Saturday, March 5, 2011, My husband and I experienced 3 very similar experiences with our 2007 Prius with approx. 34,500 miles. All maintences/warranty recalls completed. The dasboard lite-up solid red: flashing lights (brakes, ABS, VSC and service etc.), the buzzer light sounding, and the car shutting-off in Rockville, Maryland city traffic. Many of the explanations given to other drivers for their brake failures have been eleminated with our occurrences: full tank of gas, clear day- no rain, and inverter pump replaced on 2/9/2011. Since the local dealership was unable to assist us until Monday, we tried successfully to re-start the car, noticing a car icon with a slash through it in the upper left hand corner of the computer screen.. Next we went to the maintenance screen and entered the reset button at the bottom of the screen. It resolved the warning lights briefly. If you fully engaged your brakes, the lights came on again. OUR DEALERSHIP'S DIAGNOSTICS INDICATED MULTIPLE LOW VOLTAGE CODES TO THE AUXILIARY BATTERY, AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE HYBRID'S OPERATION. IT INITIATES THE BRAKES AND POWERS THE COMPUTER. Have written to our State Attorney General and to USD of Transportaion. Spoke with consumer Rep at our dealership, who is submitting info to Toyota. Edda

My Prius didn't start

My Prius didn't start PERIOD. and its the 2007 MODEL.

My Prius did exactly what

My Prius did exactly what yours did. Unfortunately I hit the car in front of me causing over $10,000 damage. (no injury) I'm getting the runaround like you wouldn't believe from the dealership that sold it to me.

I have a 2007 prius bought

I have a 2007 prius bought it new in Nov 2006. I have 120,000 miles and the dam care still runs strong. I drive to work round trip 67mi every day at 80mph. Never thought id like any car at all but this one has won me over. Have replaced both water pumps and the cat was replaced under waranty 15yr or 150,000 mi ! all of these parts normaly last about 100,000mi so no complaining from me. O and I average 47mi per gallon. Brakes r perfect! I bet my life on them every day trust me!