+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Happy?

I'm Having the same problem.

I just bought a 2007 HH in November, for the same reason you did. Right out of the box I got 24 mpg and Toyota told me to hold off - that I had to let it "break in" for 1000 miles. It just got worse, no matter what I did. I went to the dealer and had a certified technician look at it. He claimed to get 28 mpg, and that it was my driving that was the problem, but when I asked him to let me shadow him for a couple of hours to see how he did it, he could only get up to 22. He's giving me this guff about consumers buying it for it's environmental qualities and not it's gas mileage, but I bought it for it's posted gas mileage. He's also saying that the EPA is about to reset the gas mileage data downwards by 1/3, but that doesn't do those of us who bought it at the higher figures any good. I also don't see why the salesmen couldn't come clean, when I told him that this was my main concern. Are you really thinking about a class action suite and have you heard from other interested parties? My commute is in Boston traffic and I was really looking forward to that 31 mpg. I would have bought a Suburu Forrester as a friend tells me that she gets 28 mpg and I really don't need all this space.

Quote Originally Posted by ginabean View Post
    Trust I am a real owner of a 2006 HH, which may not be the case of all you read. People are paid to add content to websites, blogs, etc...- not sure on this site, but trust what I am writing is honest and accurate.
    My vehicle is under a year old, over 20K miles, and has been in for MPG three times- currently well under 23 mpg average.
    Toyota has told me that this is NORMAL, written on my service slip.
    Toyota customer complaint department says nothing they will do.
    I wish I had started the lemon law protection that exists in my state- Md, before the 15K limit, but I did trust things the dealer told me like- gets better milage in the warm weather, cold weather gas has alcohol added which effects MPG- but my mistake, I trusted them.
    My commute is in DC traffic , so electric is on often, but on highway, sometimes the computer tells me I'm getting 8 MPG.
    I do plan on starting a blog to try to get a class action lawsuit started, the car was purchased to get better MPG, and honestly would have boght a honda pilot, and gotten better MPG.[/b]

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Happy

Yes. We are happy with our Highlander. We purchased it in November 2005. After about 15,000 miles it is running well. I like that it has a third row of seats in the back. Several times we have had 6 or 7 people in the Highlander comfortably. We follow the maintenance schedule and the dealership has provided very good service. I think the HiHy is an excellent vehicle.

HybridMike. What kind of

HybridMike. What kind of MPG are you getting? I like everything else about the car other than not getting the MPGs on the sticker. You didn't mention that. It is an important issue for me and I could have gotten a regular Highlander for about 10K less and had the same car basically.