+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy?

Happy?

I am looking into a HH and I am wondering if people are happy with their HH or is it still too new and should I wait for the "bugs" to get worked out?

I am in Va.

Thanks for your thoughts.

KA

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I'am happy

No bugs -double the mpg off my durango!

Trust I am a real owner of a 2006 HH, which may not be the case of all you read. People are paid to add content to websites, blogs, etc...- not sure on this site, but trust what I am writing is honest and accurate.
    My vehicle is under a year old, over 20K miles, and has been in for MPG three times- currently well under 23 mpg average.
    Toyota has told me that this is NORMAL, written on my service slip.
    Toyota customer complaint department says nothing they will do.
    I wish I had started the lemon law protection that exists in my state- Md, before the 15K limit, but I did trust things the dealer told me like- gets better milage in the warm weather, cold weather gas has alcohol added which effects MPG- but my mistake, I trusted them.
    My commute is in DC traffic , so electric is on often, but on highway, sometimes the computer tells me I'm getting 8 MPG.
    I do plan on starting a blog to try to get a class action lawsuit started, the car was purchased to get better MPG, and honestly would have boght a honda pilot, and gotten better MPG.[/b]

ginabean You sound like a ford owner

Trying to diss Toyotas. My highlander is an amazing vehicle.IT gets 28mpg summer and 23-24 winter,no problems at all. I had a durango and that was a nightmare.Pooor milage,always down shifting in the mountains and then it would not up shift when I leveled out. I could go on but the highlander also just won another award for most reliable midsize suv this week.

It Sucks

ive bought toyotas all my life
    thought id venture into the hybrids.

I don't know whats wrong with ppl on this site and their paranoia with fakers and etc.

I AM A REAL HH OWNER
    bought it over a year ago
    20k on it

LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF BUGS.

Check my post

http://www.hihychat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=384

that is a real hybrid helper community.

This place is insane.

hundred of views and not one post on my topic.

GLUCK TO EVERYONE WITH THEIR HYBRIDS

I HOPE YOU ALL CRASH IT LIKE ME.

Not happy AT ALL

The plain and simple truth about it is that Toyota has mis-lead the public in regards to fuel economy these things achieve. The toyota pundants on here will claim (1) You don't know how to dirve it (which is BS), (2) The Federal government is responsible for the test, don't blame Toyota (The feds may have made up the test but the FACT that nobody is achieving the FE is more than likley a Toyota programming shortfall nobody has yet been able to pursue), (3) Some claim they are getting GREAT FE (when in fact they are really just trying to justify it to themselves and won't admit a problem, sticking their head in the sand syndrome), (4) They read the FE readings on the NAVI system and think that the information it provides is accurate (It IS NOT! Run a manual calculation like I do at every fill up and you will see). In short, this car 4x4 version gets a MAXIMUM of 26MPG no matter WHAT you do. Forget about the fictional 31MPG "average" that is supposedly achieveable. If 26MPG is something your happy with, then your happy getting about 14% fewer miles than is advertsied. No, NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!

I'm happy w/ my Highlander Hybrid

Dear ToyotaHH06, I am sorry to hear about all your problems. You should just get your money back and buy something else. I am also very sorry to hear that you hope us other hybrid owners crash. You don't even know me and you're wishing bad things on me, that's a shame.

I am very happy with my purchase of a 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. It is a very nice car. It gets good mileage. I hope your situation improves.

Regards,
    Steve

I have a 06 with 13000 on it and have never got the 33 the sticker says best i'm getting in 42 degree wheather is 21 tradin it off soon.

Please let us know what kind of mileage you get with whatever you replace it with.