+ Reply to Thread

Lower Driver Seat?

I've read a couple of previous posts talking about the uncomfortable seats, but I have a slightly different problem, I'm 6'5" and can't see a traffic light through the windshiled if I am sitting up straight in the car.

I thought the seat was a little high off the floor when I sat in one, does anyone know of a way to lower the seat with some sort of aftermarket modification?

I need some help - I want to drive a hybrid, but I fit in none of them!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tallmike View Post
    I've read a couple of previous posts talking about the uncomfortable seats, but I have a slightly different problem, I'm 6'5" and can't see a traffic light through the windshiled if I am sitting up straight in the car.

I thought the seat was a little high off the floor when I sat in one, does anyone know of a way to lower the seat with some sort of aftermarket modification?

Sorry for the problem! I say you invest yourself in a Hybrid SUV, perhaps a Ford Escape Hybrid or a Mercurer Mariner Hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by tallmike View Post

I have both a 2007 Prius and a 2006 Civic Hybrid. The Civic Hybrid has height adjustable seats that many tall people claim to help. My Prius is OK for my height but just barely, so I can relate to your problem. All in all I find the riding confort very similar between the two.

For most people except the very tall or very short the Prius is an excellent car however.

Cheers;

MSantos

I'm not tall but that's because I've got short legs, average torso and I kicked the seat back a few notches so I'm more reclined than I was in my Maxima.