+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 2006 Mercury Mariner exploded while parked!

Last night at 1:30 a.m. my son woke to an explosion. Thank God he was visiting as we did not even hear it! He called to us for keys to the other vehicles to move them out of harms way. The flames started in the cargo area and out of the hybrid battery vent. The car was well maintained. I loved that car, but NOT ANYMORE! The emissions from that noxious fire that totalled my car surpassed any that we saved the planet! If you are looking wait on any Fords! Sanyo batteries from what I can discern on the internet. Of course our book for the car is gone! Beware...

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

This is a highly implausible story. Please provide supporting additional evidence (like where you live so we can look for newspaper articles) or we should consider you to be just another shill trying to put out bad press on hybrids.

I wish it was implausible!

Believe you me! If I could insert photos here I could attach picture proof. And just so you all know the so called 3 yr 36,000 mile 'bumper to bumper' warranty might not apply if your car is toast. Corporate Ford has turned into their 'legal dept' and says it is an insurance matter! Meanwhile they expect us to continue to make payments. They gave me a so called extension but when I looked at the billing it is the same as the last day for late payments! Look for my YouTube video that I will post after I get things settled with Ford!

I didn't ask you to attach picture proof - I wouldn't believe you anyway. I simply asked you to tell me what part of the world you live in. This would enable independent, 3rd party confirmation. Please put this information into the public domain (ie this or other forum) or you won't get any credibility.

My intent was to save others

I have to say your tone is insulting. Believe what you like. Contact the South Boundary Fire Department in Naples, Idaho 83847 for confirmation. It will get there with that address. You have my permission to have them confirm the fire. Why wouldn't a photo provide proof, I am mystified...For those who this story rings sincere, be careful where you park your hybrid!

I'll give you the benefit of offering to try to check this story out. I've seen too much information and bunk spread on hybrids and BEV's to believe any unbacked story I see about such catastrophic events as suggested.
    I'm pretty busy these days so it may take me a while to follow up on this story.

Can anyone please help me

Can anyone please help me when it comes to finding out how safe a hybrid really is. The hybrid battery is like a small bomb! None of the car companies will really answer my questions on how explosive they are. Help! I'm a dj and I need a large vehicle to haul eqipment but I want to help with the environment as well. I also don't want to get robbed by car companies either.

Hybrid nimh batteries will

Hybrid nimh batteries will not explode, there was some other issue at the heart of this matter.

I dont belive you im13 and I

I dont belive you im13 and I know almost every thing about hybrids I want one!!! Do you know how much they r????

how much r hybrids now?

how much r hybrids now?