+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Florida is an E10 state,

Florida is an E10 state, maybe an E15 state. From what I've read, it's almost impossible to break 50mpg when running on E10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Ok, I found a station that

Ok, I found a station that sells e free gas. I filled up and went on a trip down I 75. It appears that this has made a difference, as I averaged 45+ on this hi speed trip, where I was getting 44+ around town prior. I'll try a few more tanks of this gas before I make a decision. The gas cost 5% more, but if it decreases my fuel comsumption by10%, I'm still ahead.
    I Love when people laugh because I'm complaining about "only" getting 44 mpg...........

I found a station that sells

I found a station that sells ethanol free gas and am trying it. Mechanic say the drop in gas may have been cumulative, as the ethanol has been in here for over a year and I just began these symptoms.
    After my first fill I was on I-75 ( not my usual route) and there seems to be an improvement.

Just remember on the

Just remember on the interstate, you are going to want to compromise between keeping up with traffic and maximizing your mileage. I think I get my best mileage around 50mpg. But for safety, on the freeway or high speed back roads, I try to keep it between 55 and 60mph.

Also, because you can’t go under 41mph on the freeway, you’ll want to check out tips on “Warp Stealth” or “High Speed” Gliding. This is a pretty good link.

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1224

Basically, there’s a spot where just enough gas is used to keep the engine turning but the car is being driving primarily by inertia and the electric motor. At this spot, the Energy Monitor will show the current fuel efficiency as 99.9mpg.

And if all else fails: cruise control is quite efficient on flat roads.

I want to say some thing

I want to say some thing about this site:
    I can see why you would be upset about 55 mpg rather than 70. Even 55mpg sounds amazing to me. I'm sporting a ford bronco. I get an awesome 10mpg. I can't wait to get a new car............

------------------------------------------------------

bill williams

"dofollow">lawyer marketing

I'm at 53.5 mpg with CItgo

I'm at 53.5 mpg with CItgo gas and Summer tires. I'm a hyper-miller.

I'm at 53.5 mpg with CItgo

I'm at 53.5 mpg with CItgo gas and Summer tires. I'm a hyper-miller.

57 MPH on the freeway.....I

57 MPH on the freeway.....I can't drive this slow am in california inland empire every one drives 70+

I live in LA and I always

I live in LA and I always get something between 35 to 38, and sometime up to 40 in freeways, but always the avarage was about 35k. I think the type of gas is very important. I know that regular gas are better as far as gas millage, and I prefer chevron. But never get 50 from my car.

For everyone stressing about

For everyone stressing about your MPG. It will take between 10-15 thousand miles before your prius is actually broken in. Before that you will not reach your peak potential for MPG. good luck