+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid for a Tall Man

A friend of mine is in the market for a new car, preferably a hybrid. He's 6'7" and not comfortable in my 2005 Prius. Also not really interested in an SUV, hybrid or not. He currently drives a Toyota convertible.

I suggested he try the Honda Civic Hybrid, but I'd also heard that 2007 Prius was redesigned a little to accommodate taller people.

Does anyone know for sure?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hybrid for a Tall Man

I am 6'-2" and find my that my 2006 Prius has acceptable headroom, but barely. Your 6'7" friend would have a problem. The issue for me is not the headroom itself, but rather the visability out of the windsheild. I feel like my eye level is almost at the top of the window.

Hybrid for a Tall Man

I'm only 5'10, but I have problems with some cars not accomodating even me. However, my Honda Civic Hybrid has lots of leg room for the driver. Your friend should check it out.

Hybrid for a Tall Man

I am 6'3" and I have about 3" of head room in my HCH (2003 and 2006) models.

I "highly" (no pun) suggest that he sit in the standard 2006 Civic and feel it out for size. If you look at the spec's the inches are very close - but think he may find his head rubbing.

Cheers!

I just shopped a new civic

I just shopped a new civic and at 6'5" it didn't have enough room. I had to hunch forward to not be staring at the top of the window. At 6'7" I think he should look somewhere else. I am going to try a prius tomorrow.

I'm 6'9" and, although I'd

I'm 6'9" and, although I'd like to be in an environmentally-friendly car/truck, there is currently no option that I am aware of that will accommodate me (and my family). As such, I'm in the big Escalade until a better option comes along....

my 6 foot 8 husband manages

my 6 foot 8 husband manages in our highlander.