+ Reply to Thread

Canadian Government Hybrid Car Tax Incentives

The Conservative government released its annual busget this Mar19th,2007 and made many commitments to fuel efficient cars.

Among the most popular measures introduced was the tax credit for purchasing fuel efficient cars. A basic $1000 rebate for automobiles getting 6.5 L/100 km or less and larger vans, truck and SUV's getting 8.3 L/100. There is even an additional $1000 tax credit available based on values exceeding those above (a Toyota Prius could get the maximum $2000). E-85 vehicles will also be eligable for the credits. For those of you living in P.E.I. that means nearly $5000 dollars of incentives are available as PEI is one of the few proactive provinces offering it's own tax breaks.

One of the most surprising measures introduced was the plan to charge levies on inefficient gas guzzlers starting with the 2011 model year. This went much further than most optimistic environmentalists will admit.

On top of this they plan to start leading by example. The federal government has 26000 automobiles and they are targeting a 15% reduction in green house gas production over 2003 levels.

This budget left many environmentalists scratching their heads. They have generally opposed the Conservative government as their initial mandates and election promising were decidely anti enviroment but their actions after 1 year in office are better than they could of hoped for. Not surprisingly many of them are still anti Conservative even though this is the most pro environmentally friendly budget ever released in canada, they're a stubburn and ignorant bunch sometimes.

As long as the policies are good who cares what party is in charge, come on environmentalists, admit they're doing a good job and start backing these great measures.

Staff, GreenCarsNow.com , http://www.greencarsnow.com , a website devoted to promoting fuel efficient vehicles and alternative fuels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Some tips on car buying...

Here are some tips on how you can buy and have a quality used car, so as you would not be replacing unnecessary parts along the way...Hope, this might help...
    Tips & Warning
    • As a final precaution, take the car to a mechanic, who should charge a reasonable fee to check over a used car. The seller should agree to this, but may require that you leave a deposit. If the seller won't let you take the car, offer to meet him or her at a mutually convenient garage.
    • If you give the seller a deposit in order to take the car to have it checked, make sure to write out an agreement stating that the deposit will be returned immediately if you decide not to buy the car.
    If the vehicle's mileage appears unusually low, have a mechanic determine whether someone has tampered with the odometer. If so, the seller must refund any money you have paid and may be liable for punitive damages under federal and state odometer laws…
    This is how I acquire my car; I inspected all its auto parts from exterior and interior aspect down to its honda civic exhaust and other accessories. By doing so, you could be sure of the quality of vehicle you are getting...

Just a question, does this

Just a question, does this tax break only apply to hybrid types or can any vechile meeting these fuel economy levels be eligible for the tax break. Specifically I am looking at an SUV which is 7.7/100 L/KM and I was just wondeirng if that would fit. If so it would support the buying decision substantially.

Please advise.

?????????

?????????? ??????????????? 1000?????????2000??? ???????????????????????????? 0873467837 24??

Would this apply when one of

Would this apply when one of these Hybrids is on a used car lot?

Great about incentives. BS

Great about incentives. BS about the conservatives being remotely interested in the environment - note their killing of the climate change bill in the unelected senate, their backing out of kyoto, intense lobbying against an extension to kyoto and against carbon content fuel ratings and for the keystone pipeline to the states...the "ministry of the environment" now exists only in doublespeak, with the advent of "ethical oil" as Peter Kent's rallying cry.

Sure, a few dribbles of incentives/guzzler taxes are nice. But the gushing flowing in the other direction makes it all rather moot.

ased on values exceeding

ased on values exceeding those above (a Toyota Prius could get the maximum $2000). E-85 vehicles will also be eligable for the credits. For those of you living in P.E.I. that means nearly $5000 dollars of incentives are available as PEI is one of the few proactive provinces offering it's own tax breaks.Enter Technology