+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Prius Tires

We have a 2010 prious with

We have a 2010 prious with 35k miles still have original tires and they still have plenty of tread

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I recently hit a pot hole,

I recently hit a pot hole, nothing too big or unusual, and both my right tires, front and back, both blew. My Prius is a 2011 with less than 5000 miles on it. The tow truck driver said that because of the weight of the battery, and the tight suspension, these cars may be prone to this sort of thing. He's seen it on Priuses before. Has anyone out there experienced anything similar?

Hey you Prius owners

Hey you Prius owners changing your tires well before and more often than a typical gasoline burner. Have you asked the question of precisely how much dirty oil, processing, transportation, etc., goes into making those 4 new tires you just put on your 'hybrid'? From this seat, the Prius isn't looking that Green to me, and you get to pay the price of the new tires, somewhere between $300 & $1000, depending on if you do or do not want the safety of Michelin tires.

Good luck, though, I am certain they will work out the bugs over time.

Have 2006 Prius - OEM tires

Have 2006 Prius - OEM tires were poor so installed Goodyear comfortred 195's and they lasted 76 thousand. Just had Pirelli P4's installed and hopping for the same wear and a little less road noise. Only rotated about 15,000 intervals.

they did well cocidering

they did well cocidering that they were not rated LT load like the fatory, they had lots of tread but seperated.) Now on the third set Michelin Hydro edge, al litte larger and wider than factory,Premium Freebies

I own a 2008 Prius. I have a

I own a 2008 Prius. I have a little more than 3/32" on my original Integrity tires with 50,000 miles. I've had two flats because of nails but repaired them with plugs. My MPG is between 47 and 60 depending if I carry weight (Yakama Rocket) or travel city streets, crazy traffic, etc. My tire pressure is 38 psi all around. I rotate all tires every 5,000 miles. I expect to purchase new tires this summer and probably will buy the Integrity tires again but will evaluate others.

The Bridgestone Ecopia 422

The Bridgestone Ecopia 422 is a LRR and very quiet and soft ride

I own a 2008 Prius. Since

I own a 2008 Prius. Since I switch between snow tires and
    all season, I am not sure of the mileage on each. Just know my over
    all mileage is about 45,000 a year. Bought Goodyear Fuel Assurance
    tires last summer. They started to cup after 4,000 miles. Even with rotation they are getting worse and worse. The Goodyear company said it was my rear axle and alignment. Toyota
    has checked and double checked to see if it's the car. Have been repeatedly told it is not. I am now
    going to get a set new of ???? and an alignment done by Toyota. Any suggestions?
    On the bright side, I looove my Prius. On an average, get about 52-55 (sometimes 60-62) mpg in the summer and 45-48 in the winter.

We bought our 2008 Prius new

We bought our 2008 Prius new and have put 22K mostly city miles on the Goodyear Integrity stock tires. Had a bolt puncture at 5K miles and another one at 14K. It now needs new tires. Besides the creaks and rattles, this is about our only complaint. Anybody had any luck with Michelin Defender tires?

My 2007 Prius has 47000

My 2007 Prius has 47000 miles on its original tires and are just now ready for replacement. I inflate the tires 3 or 4 pounds above recommended, and check pressure fairly regularly with an accurate tire pressure gauge. The extra pressure seems to help the tires last longer without making a noticeable difference in ride comfort.

Incidentally, "Max" pressure shown on the tire sidewall refers to recommended tire inflation for Maximum payload capacity. (The tires can be safely inflated above this level, if you wanted to.) The point is that it is not unsafe to fill your tires a few pounds above the manufacturer's recommended pressures shown inside the driver's door.