+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Prius Tires

I just changed my tires on

I just changed my tires on my 2006 prius for the first time. My mileage: 48500 - not bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hate to say it folks, but

Hate to say it folks, but this car eats tires. It is the major drawback, but still a good trade for the green footprint.

40,000 miles on the original

40,000 miles on the original GY Integritys and only 3/32 in. left, so I'm looking and appreciating all the comments. I've scored an actual 51MPG for the life of the car & MPG is 1st priority so I don't want to experiment with changing size, but I will spend more for better life. Arizona heat is the problem, even parking in shade, we burn 'em up. I wonder if $300 OEM replacement vs. $550+ for "better" is really going to pay off.

I have a Prius 2007 and have

I have a Prius 2007 and have 30k miles on this and all the tires have barely any tread left!

Have been regular on the rotation and did 1 or 2 alignments as recommended by Toyota Dealership. The local dealership has a free tire set if I had regular service with them - but I rejected the last time and I will be happy to go to my Costco to get the best tires at the cheapest price. You can't beat their free rotations, free neon air, $4/tire alignment Vs $99 alignment at toyota dealerships. My brother always purchases Michelin tires - as way too much rides on his tires :-). I have read Michelin Hydroedge are superior tires with 90k warranty - and unlike other company tires these go farther than 90K.

Would love to hear if anyone have used the Michelin Hydroedge or other energy saver tires.

Just noticed I had neon air

Just noticed I had neon air instead of nitrogen :-).

I have 50,000 miles on my

I have 50,000 miles on my 2008 prius tires

I have 36,000 miles on my

I have 36,000 miles on my 2008 Prius and want to replace somewhat worn tires before the winter months. Traction was awful in the snow - any recommendations

Just went in for 30,000

Just went in for 30,000 checkup on my 2007 Prius and was told I needed 4 new tires and their "special" at the dealership was over $800 w/ alignment. Must be something wrong with my hearing! I'm in the Northeast and will need something for the ice and snow come December. Any suggestions?

I had my first flat tire

I had my first flat tire today on my 08 prius, I tried to switch it out, but the bolts won't seem to budge, anyone have any details on maybe if they are just too tight from the factory? Or is there some kind of silver covering on the bolts, I am afraid to break it.

Any step by step details on changing a prius tire would help.

I have a 2008 Prius, and the

I have a 2008 Prius, and the tires are just about down to the wearbars at 14,500 miles -- yikes! Went to the dealer to ask them to realign (local shop noticed uneven wear at inspection) and they said 'sorry, you're two weeks out of warranty'.

We finally did get them to perform the realignment, but their explanation of 'It's the roads' doesn't ring true given the 45,000 miles on our Subaru's tires (Michelin).

Seems as though the earlier models did better in tire life?