+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

I had two separate $600

I had two separate $600 estimates to replace bulbs in my Prius. The response from these mechanics when they heard my gasp was that the bulbs cost $200-$250 and labor $120 because the whole bumper has to be taken off. They also recommended changing both bulbs to save on eventual labor charges in the future. This was enough for me to start an internet search to figure out how to do it myself. I ran across this youtube clip and realized that Luscious Garage is near me... hurrah!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er0oEHNUfQs
    I went there yesterday and had the bulb on the passenger side replaced with a standard bulb. The job took 10 minutes (plus the time it took for the mechanic to give me an in-service on how to change it myself next time.) The charge...$40!!! ($10 for bulb and $30 labor) Here's a link to their website.
    http://www.lusciousgarage.com/
    Check out the editorials (blogs) about Toyota-important info for all of us to know about. Toyota has apologized for their dealers gouging Prius owners and are offering reimbursements. Also, note the comment about HID bulbs. Less about being better than about being just "way cool" and high tech!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I HAVE A 07 PRIUS AND MY

I HAVE A 07 PRIUS AND MY PASSENGER LIGHT WENT OUT I WENT TO AUTO ZONE TO GET A LIGHT THINKING NO BIG DEAL I TELL THE GUY MY MAKE AND MODEL AND HE GIVES ME A LIGHT FOR 13.00 I THOUGHT COOL I GET HOME TAKE EVERYTHING APART (NOT TO HARD) ONLY TO FIND OUT IT DID NOT LOOK THE SAME AS WHAT THE GUY GAVE ME SO I GO BACK AND SHOW HIM THE LIGHT AND HE TELL ME WHAT IT WILL ACTUALLY COST $175.00 WHAT A RIP OFF Y THE HELL SHOULD A STUPID LIGHT COST SO MUCH BUT WHAT MAKES ME WONDER IS COULD IT TAKE A DIFF LIGHT SINCE WHEN I GAVE THE GUY AT AUTO ZONE MY MAKE AND MODEL IT PULLED UP (THE COMPUTER) A DIFF LIGHT SO CAN IT WORK WITH A LIGHT THATS NOT HID I DONT LIKE THEM ANYWAY THERE NOT EVEN THAT BRIGHT ANYONE TRY THAT YET OR KNOW OF SOMETHING ELS EMAIL ME AT TABITHA_F28@YAHOO.COM

I just changed mine in 20

I just changed mine in 20 minutes without taking anything off the car except the lid off the fuse box. It all has to be done blind, by touch only, but I am not mechanically inclined and could figure it out fairly easily.

Basically Remove cover of fuse box. 1. Unplug the bulb 2. Twist the black rubber seal and pull it off 3. Unlatch the spring that holds the bulb in place. 4. Remove old bulb and put in new one. 5. Reattach the spring 6. Put rubber cap back on, 6. Plug in bulb. replace cover of fuse box.

hi there. what did you end

hi there. what did you end up doing about your faulty light? I have the same problem with my 2007 prius?
    jkcml

I will NEVER buy a Toyota

I will NEVER buy a Toyota again. Bought a Prius and yes, love it. However, when I was given a quote of $650 without tax to change the two headlights???? What a scam!!!! Of course I heard the reason was because they had to remove the front panal. So after checking online and saw how many were replacing the bulbs in 3-8 minutes without removing the front panal - it was confirmed: a SCAM! Michaels Toyota in Bellevue WA will never see my business again! ALSO, after I told a friend of mine about this, he called the dealer just to get a quote and his quote was about $200 less than mine. Could that be because he is a guy and I'm a girl???

I have had the same problem

I have had the same problem with my 2008 Toyota Prius.
    At 44,000 miles my drivers side lights started going out.
    Then my passenger side lights went out; so that I would be caught driving with absolutely no headlights.
    This defect needs to be addressed; and Toyota challenged to fix the problem.
    I am calling the 1-800-331-4331 inorder to get a caseworker to represent me directly with Toyota in hopes of getting some of these expenses reimbursed.

We have a 2005 Prius with

We have a 2005 Prius with HID and are now about to go through round three of replacement for the same problem reoccuing in the last 2 years. (...anywhere from $500-$1300 each time) This new dealership told us that we needed the bulb replaced (again-last time was August of 2010). So I went online to find a replacement. I found what was an approrpiate replacement (at a much cheaper price) and then was told that it is the connection. So I asked... why is it that when I turn them off/on it resolves for awhile or when I tap the light it comes back on?......Got the runabout on that one. Further, they are telling us that now we need to have the entire assembley replaced due to a crack in the lens, a $400 part, in order to pass inspection........ can someone tell me where I can find the HID assembly itelf online? I seem to find only those that are halogen or "not for HID". thanks
    Jamie

I am 40 Female just replace

I am 40 Female just replace the bulb at passenger side Headlights
    of 2007 Prius. I just played the step by Step video on TOYOTA PRIUS replacement how to. It took me 1 Hour and I/2 half
    1. REMOVE 6 of the plastic pop up screw of the LONG V shape
    that covers the latch and part of the radiator.
    2. REMOVE 1 screw of thisBlack plastic PIPE Like L shape
    3, REMOVE the plastic CONNECTOR on the bulb
    4. REMOVE the round cover by TWISTING COUNTER CLOCK wise to POP it OPEN ....but It was a pain in tha AAA
    5. BEOFRE U removed the BULB Feel for a wire CLIP and click it
    THAT what took me so long I did not know there was a CLIP to easily removed the BULB...I was yanking and yank the bulb until I replayed the video to Feel for the WIRE CLIP.
    6. AHHH such orgasmic exprience IT popped out.
    7. REPLACE the BULB RETURN THE WIRE CLIP FEEL FOR A CLICK or SNAP
    8. CONNECT THE CONNECTOR TEST IT FIRST then remove it
    9. Be sure INSERT THE CONNECTOR HALF way to the opening of the CAP ROUND COVER BEFORE U plug bulb 3 prone insert=== LOCK ROUND CAP CLOCKWISE... THE REST IS EASLY

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius as well... Both my head lights went out while driving home yesterday. HELP! I have to contact the dealership tom. I am considering being very angry with Toyota I was stuck due to this problem

You can buy the hid bulbs

You can buy the hid bulbs from Amazon for 54.00 free delivery!!!