+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

We have a 2008 Prius and

We have a 2008 Prius and were recently made aware of our passenger headlight being out by an Escambia County Sheriff in Florida. We only got a warning and I just found this site today. My process will begin tomorrow. I don't plan on paying a dime to have both headlights and whatever other parts are necessary to make the lighting system work properly, replaced or upgraded. I'll let you know how the process goes....

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

same story different day,

same story different day, mine seem to have lasted a bit longer on my 05 prius. I have no problem doing this myself but it does seem that the recurrence of this problem in this model should be alerting someone, not just prius owners. I did file a complaint with NTHSB-what else can be done?

You must be a Toyota dealer

You must be a Toyota dealer to tell a story like this. More like $125 to $150 apiece, and that may or may not cure the problem.. I asked an independent to fix my car after being told by my dealer it was $400 to fix my headlights, which have an intermitent problem for the last six months. They were told the bumper had to come off, which is not true.

I'M OWNER OF 2006 PRUIS WITH

I'M OWNER OF 2006 PRUIS WITH THE SAME HEADLIGHT PROBLEM, I WAS DRIVING HOME FROM WORK AT NIGHT IN THE FREEWAY --WHEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN IT TURNED REAL DARK, IT TOKE ME AWHILE TO REALIZE THAT MY HEADLIGHTS WERE OFF COMPLETELY- EVEN THOUGH THE DASHBOARD INDICATOR SHOWED THE HEADLIGHTS WERE ON. IT SCARED ME ENOUGH TO GO
    DIRECTLY TO MY DEALERSHIP AND HAD THEM INSTALL 2 LIGHTS FOR $517.24. OUTRAGEOUS!!!
    BUT I DID NOT WANT TO BE CAUGHT IN THE DARK AGAIN. I AM COMMITTED TO MAKING THIS WRONG RIGHT. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION SUIT. AND I WILL NOT
    BUY A TOYOTA PRODUCT AGAIN.

Sometimes that could

Sometimes that could indicate the filiment is going out. Have you tried changing the bulb. Not an easy take on the drivers dside as you have to remove the bumper trim underneath the car, beside jacking it up a bit. If this is a persistant problem even after that, there is most likely a short in the harness somewhere. That could get ugly and costly if you take it to Toyota. The passenger side change out is much simply and should take about 10 minites. Drivers side figure a minimum of an hour if you never done one before.

Have you ever notice a

Have you ever notice a collection of moisture build up inside the housing where the bulb is. That is usually a good indication the seal is no good and probabkly the cause for your bulbs blowing out. That whole unit will have to be replaced if that is the case. Then of course new bulbs. Not a cheap process unless your handy or know of someone who can do it for you. Try about 500 at Toyota plus the parts. Probaly a good ideal to replace both as a set.

I have a 2007 Prius and up

I have a 2007 Prius and up to now have thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was well worth the money. But today I feel I got royally screwed with the headlight situation. I have to fork out $577.00 for 2 headlights. It is really one headlight but I figured I would replace both, because they have to take off the bumper, which after reading this it is not the bumper but the bumper cover. For one headlight I was quoted $347. So they gave me a "deal" (which if put very loosely) for 2 to be replaced.

Totally, totally RIDICULOUS!!! The next time someone asks me if I like my Prius and would I buy another one, I will have to honestly say, "Only if they fix the headlight situation."

Folks, been experiencing the

Folks, been experiencing the exact same problem with the HIDs on my 2007 Prius with the Touring Package that I just purchased used this past March. Called the 800# and spoke with some kid named Karim with customer service and he explained that the only thing Toyota is doing about this HID bulb issue was to reduce the $300 MSRP price of the HIB bulb to a mere $150 and more importantly - are only reimbursing those indivduals who were raped at paying the full price the first time around. So save yourself the effort in futility and buy the OEMs online and install them yourself. Also, complaining to a gov't agency does nothing. The only complaints Toyota recognizes are those made at the dealership. We all know that is a complete waste of time. "F***" Toyota.

A dealership will crew you

A dealership will crew you every chance they get- the dealer I go to charges $160 to replace the bulbs, I just did it myself, took 10 minutes, bulb cost like $18 at kragen.

Driver's side light went out

Driver's side light went out and on, out and on. Dealer wanted $400.00. Wife talked service mgr. into $200. Passenger side light out few weeks later. Scratch on headlight. Therefore, mgr. said must have new headlight assembly, even though light was going on and off same as driver side did. Cost $500. Well, wife went off on service manager who pouted like a baby. No reduction in price this time. Going to put sign on back of Prius: "Don't buy this Lemon." Will add this blog address. Got an idea: Why don't we all go in for a BIG ad: "Don't Buy Prius" and refer to this and other blogs?