+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Wish I had found this page

Wish I had found this page before buying a used 2008 Prius. Love the car... but was shocked that the guys at VIP who offered to install it ofr me said it would take a half an hour of labor...
    I guess I"ll give it a try... though it seems absurd. If I can't do it I'll bring it back to them....
    I'll replace both, hoping to minimize the frustration.

And how do you tell if you have HID or regular halogen bulbs?
    One more question -- how do you find out if you are eligible for the class action reimbursement?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Wish I had found this page before buying a used 2008 Prius. Love the car... but was shocked that the guys at VIP who offered to install it ofr me said it would take a half an hour of labor...
    I guess I"ll give it a try... though it seems absurd. If I can't do it I'll bring it back to them....

One more question -- how do you find out if you are eligible for the class action reimbursement?

My front drivers side

My front drivers side headlight went out as well. I was told by a mechanic that the bulb itself costs a couple of hundred dollars plus the labor to remove the bumper etc. He also said that there is a risk of elecrocution if done by an amateur. Not sure if I believe that but Im not going to try it myself just in case. I notice as I drive around at night (without a new bulb) that I see many Prius' with one light out. I have been holding out wondering the same as you. I havent brought it in to fix but as soon as I do I will report back with my findings.

My front drivers side

My front drivers side headlight went out as well. I was told by a mechanic that the bulb itself costs a couple of hundred dollars plus the labor to remove the bumper etc. He also said that there is a risk of elecrocution if done by an amateur. Not sure if I believe that but Im not going to try it myself just in case. I notice as I drive around at night (without a new bulb) that I see many Prius' with one light out. I have been holding out wondering the same as you. I havent brought it in to fix but as soon as I do I will report back with my findings.

!I have a 2006 Prius with

!I have a 2006 Prius with 112,000 miles. The right headlight burnt out (after going off until I flicked it back on for many months) so I went to the dealer and bought a new bulb ($150) and follwed the instructions in the manual to install it myself. It turns out you don't need a screwdriver. This was my first time so it took 30 minutes, if I have to do it again it will only take 5. Moat of the battle is learning how the car is put together.
    It would have cost $99 dollars for labor to have the dealer install it!

Is this still an ongoing

Is this still an ongoing issue? I have a 2007 Prius with less than 32K miles on it ... and with everything except leather seats ... and I'm having problems also. Now, on top of a tempermental headlight (driver's side), both tail lights are out. The brake lights work but not the tail lights. I love my car and have bragged about it incessantly. However, to have ANYTHING done at the dealership is prohibitively (sp?) expensive and for a Toyota product, this should not be a problem. Pls let me know if there has been a recall or a class action suit. SOMETHING has to be done as this is obviously a BIG problem.

I have a 2005 Prius and

I have a 2005 Prius and every year I have to replace my headlights. One goes out then a month later the other one goes out. I would love to see a class action suit on this.