+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Actually...at an average of

Actually...at an average of 46-54 mph, I doubt this will "break" any of us.... It is frustrating to say the least, but it is also the only added expense I have had in the five years of being a Prius owner.... I would gladly "buy American" if there was a comparable vehicle out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

It appears that Toyota

It appears that Toyota recently settled a lawsuit, and will repair the headlight systems at no charge (and reimburse people that have receipts who have already done it).

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan...prius-20110120

Well some things never

Well some things never change I will be changing both of mine this weekend. so wish me luck and I will post something once I am done

I am, just starting to

I am, just starting to analyze if it is related. I had heard the ridiculous cost of replacing a headlight stories that are now circulating. Sounds like Toyota might have to learn a lesson on this.PC Talk

These posts are

These posts are unbelievable. I own a 2006 Prius with the HID package, I too have the defective bulbs that simply turn off randomly while driving and I have to turn the switch off and back on to get them to work again. They haven't actually blown but this was a serous inconvenience. Surpised they have lasted 6 years and nearly 200 miles. After searching the Internet for this problem I noticed that people we're spending lots of money on the bulbs and it it appeared to take lots of time and work to change them. Well if you search YouTube for " Prius headlight 3 minutes" you'll find a video of a woman changing the bulbs without having to dismantle the entire car, simply and fast. I purchased a set of 2 HID D4R 6000k for $42 on Amazon and was able to change both headlights out in about 8 minutes. The black covers behind the bulds were the hardest part to turn off, I guess because they were never removed before. Fyi, they turn to the right. There is a wire attached to the bulbs that also needs a turn to thr right to remove.The HID bulbs are secured by 2 metal clips that you must push and spread apart to release the bulbs. It's a little tricky because you can't see them, but after you feel around you'll be able to pop off the clips. And don't worry the clips can't fall off because they are permanently attached at on end. I put it back together and everything works great. I wish I would have done this 2 years ago when the problem started, hopefully I have saved you time and money.

I have 2004 prius with

I have 2004 prius with driver's side headlight assembly containing moisture. No visible cracks, etc. Toyota service quoted $692 to replace whole assembly or $292 to replace bulb. This sounds so outrageous after reseaching costs online. ANY ADVICE?

I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my proud. 2007 model.

bonehead jap crapp owner

bonehead jap crapp owner can,t see the forest,trees are in the way

Wish I had found this page

Wish I had found this page before buying a used 2008 Prius. Love the car... but was shocked that the guys at VIP who offered to install it ofr me said it would take a half an hour of labor...
    I guess I"ll give it a try... though it seems absurd. If I can't do it I'll bring it back to them....
    I'll replace both, hoping to minimize the frustration.

And how do you tell if you have HID or regular halogen bulbs?
    One more question -- how do you find out if you are eligible for the class action reimbursement?

Wish I had found this page

Wish I had found this page before buying a used 2008 Prius. Love the car... but was shocked that the guys at VIP who offered to install it ofr me said it would take a half an hour of labor...
    I guess I"ll give it a try... though it seems absurd. If I can't do it I'll bring it back to them....
    I'll replace both, hoping to minimize the frustration.

And how do you tell if you have HID or regular halogen bulbs?
    One more question -- how do you find out if you are eligible for the class action reimbursement?