+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Bill Freedmon.......YOU

Bill Freedmon.......YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!, WE HAVE HAD MORE PROBLEMS WITH AN AMERICAN CAR THAN ANY FOREIGN MAKE. WHO DO YOU THINK MAKES THE AM. CAR?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Why bother with the dealer?

Why bother with the dealer? I bought a headlight bulb myself, took it to Pep Boys, and they installed it in about an hour for $15.

Are you kidding me???

Are you kidding me??? Sounds like a nightmare just to replace a damn bulb!!

My husband has been stopped

My husband has been stopped twice by the police because of this problem. I can not afford $200 for a headlight, especially since it happens occassionally on each side. Dealership blew smoke up our tailpipe too. You would think with the other recalls, that this problem would have been addressed. It is a rip-off to do this to consumers. Their does need to be a lawsuit. The only reason my husband didn't get a ticket last night was because the police officer recognized him as a paramedic/firefighter. One more stop by police is surely going to cost us. My husband says he does not have time with 2 full time jobs to figure out how to fix light bulbs himself. None of the repair shops know how to put in the after market bulbs around here. Also, what are the after market bulbs and are they better? Who sells them, and how much money?

Unbelievable! The number of

Unbelievable! The number of posts regarding Prius' headlights - my husband and I just paid a little over $520 to replace both headlights at the dealership. We are disgusted that something as simple as replacing headlights is so expensive! My next step is to file complaints anywhere anyone will listen...Why hasn't there been a recall? It is SO obvious that there is a defect somewhere - whether it is in the computer, the bulb, or elsewhere. With this many complaints, this is a BIG PROBLEM - and it is NOT GOING AWAY.

P.S. To the guy who suggested we buy American cars, I followed my mechanic's advice, which was, "If you want to see your car more than I do, don't buy American cars." (And he had no affiliation with either American or foreign cars - did not work for a dealership - independent and GOOD mechanic)

hi there i have a solution

hi there i have a solution the bulbs are about 130 dollars and you can replace them your self

Thanks - just did teh

Thanks - just did teh repalcement in under 1 hour. Super easy. Anyone can do it. The $161 bulb from the dealer worked...the $77 Auto Parts store did not. The HID bubs need to be the OEM...the aftermarket bulb would not stay on when installed...shut off in 2 seconds. The OEM dealer bulb works perfect. 15 screws and so easy manipulating and I was done. My 11 yr old daughter assisted.

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius

I have a 2007 Toyota Prius with a passenger side head lamp problem, the light is not out, but does not shine with the same intensity i was told by a shop that works on only toyotas that it was a connection problem and would cost about $80 to fix. I will take it in tomorrow to get it fixed. I hope this solves my problem.

Bob I am sorry to bother you

Bob I am sorry to bother you but did you go to school in Astoria, P.S. 84??? We are trying to locate our classmates. you went by Robert back then and we weren't sure of the spelling of your last name. Please join the P.S. 84 page on Facebook if you are!! OR email me! Thank U!

Larry, My husband and I just

Larry,

My husband and I just replace ours at our dealership and it cost us over $500 - the bulbs were $175 EACH plus tax and they charged $140 to install them!!!! If you browse the internet, you will see that this issue is widespread and the 2005 Prius should have been recalled. Instead, we are all stuck with enormous charges to replace the headlights. Some people have paid as much as $1000 to replace them, and one man said he had his replaced 3 times and the dealership paid all three times. He must be a real smooth talker; but our dealership won't budge!