+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

I have the same problem, I

I have the same problem, I paid the dealer the $450. I have even had the dealer replace the bulb once. A few days later it looks like its coming back. I am going back to the dealer

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I filed a report with the

I filed a report with the NHTSA today on the HID light failure which I am now experiencing in my 2006 Toyota

Hi everyone. I have good

Hi everyone. I have good news. It cost me around $400 to fix my passenger-side headlight, but the corporate office of Toyota is going to reimburse me. They are aware of this problem for some of the Priuses. Apparently, one of their vendors made deficient headlights. That is why they do not do a recall for all Priuses because not all Priuses are affected by this. Last Thursday, my driver's side light started going off and now I am working with my caseworker to pay for that also. They gave me an 800 number for you all to call: 800-331-4331. Prius owners actually get a caseworker assigned to help them. I am hoping all of you will get reimbursed! This is the corporate office -- not the local office. Good luck!!

Does anyone have more

Does anyone have more information about the replacement policy by Toyota for those of us affected by the apparent defective HID headlight bulbs on some of the Pruises?
    I was just told by my caseworker at the National Toyota Consumer Office that Toyota would replace the cost of the bulb but not the labor. That policy does not seem satisfactory since I was also told that IF Toyota would offer reimbursement, then I would have to go through a Toyota Dealer for purchase and installation (which then commits me to their labor charges).

My 2007 Prius has about

My 2007 Prius has about 24,000 miles on it, and the passenger side HID light has been having the same symptom, increasingly over the past 2 months. Now, the driver's side light is doing the same. I am about to go to the dealer, but I am not very hopeful.

I have a 2007 Prius and just

I have a 2007 Prius and just started to have the same issues with my passenger side headlight. I will first follow the suggestions and call Toyota Corp. and see what they will do for me. If I have to I will cause a big rukus outside the dealership and tell whoever I have to to get what I want and that is replacement of a defective product that I should not have to pay one dime out of my pocket. Wish me luck.

Bruce, please email me and

Bruce, please email me and let me know what happened. I talked to Toyota today and the offered to pay for the parts about $1350 and asked me to pay the labor cost of $400. Plus they want me to pay for all of it up front and they will reimburse me after about 4 to 6 weeks.

I have a 2006 Prius. The

I have a 2006 Prius. The driver side head light goes out now and then as I am driving. It is unpredictable. If I turn the lights off and then back on, the light works again. It has been going on for 2 months. Now the other light is doing the same thing.
    The dealer said that it will cost about $1726.00 to replace both H.I.D. headlights and 2 computers. I talked to Toyota customer relations (800-331-4331) today and the offered to pay for the parts about $1350 and asked me to pay the labor cost of $400. Plus they want me to pay for all of it up front and they will reimburse me after about 4 to 6 weeks. I DO NOT THINK I SHOULD PAY A DIME. THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT SHOULD BE A RECALL.

Everyone who has had this

Everyone who has had this headlight issue needs to file with NHTSA.com. If we all file a complaint, we should be able to get this issue turned into a recall and get our money back.

bryandrupp@gmail.com