+ Reply to Thread

Combine hybrids with fitness

I know you may think I'm crazy, but I'd like to get it out there. I'm no engineer, but I love to ride my bike. I also currently own a Honda Insight. As I'm driving my Insight many miles to go to classes right now, and wishing I could do it by bike instead, I keep thinking about how great it would be if I could assist my car by pedaling. What better way to reduce gas mileage and pollution AND move our nation towards fitness and health. I'm sure to begin with, it would be a small enthusiast group... but wouldn't it be great?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Oooh. Looked at the website, thanks. Sounds promising. It would have to have an option not to have to pedal. And only one person pedal (cuz doubt I'll get most of my passengers to pedal). Just assisting the motor.
    Plus, it rains a lot here... would have to have a regular car body!

I think it would be a great idea to add a pedal to a car. I live way too far from work to bike but that shouldn't mean I get zero exercise going there, nor does it mean I can't contribute anything.
    Unfortunately, the energy that a human can muster isn't much compared with that of a car (1 humanpower -vs- many horsepower). I doubt that it makes business sense but we can always dream.

Well maybe it's small... but it has to be something if I can ride my bike 17-30 mph on a flat. Don't you think? I completely agree... it kills me to have to drive 75 miles to class one way and get no exercise in the process. And way to far to ride. Sniffle.