+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

YOUR PROBLEM IS YOUR

YOUR PROBLEM IS YOUR AUTOSTART IS INTERFEARING WITH THE FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM YOU NEED TO DISABLE THE FACTORY SYSTEM AND THE PROBLEM WILL STOP

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Seriously?....a remote start

Seriously?....a remote start in a HYBRID! The whole IDEA is to limit emissions...or have you forgot why you bought the vehicle. Being cold is part of the sacrifice YOU made (or claimed to make by being a hybrid owner). You decided to buy a car that limited it's Earth impact - PERIOD. So you are "chillly" for a few minutes...booo "f'ing" hooo. Idling produces more toxic emissions than 20 times it's same driving time. Either admit you are a sell out "wanna be" or do the right thing and prevent the idling...which is one of the worst pollution contributors all vehicles have. Get real or quit being a sellout.

I'm pretty sure who cares

I'm pretty sure who cares why a person has a Hybrid..I am interested in one for MPG's ...not he tree hugging save the world aspect at all. I have a diesel jetta right now 48mpg..love it but it doesn't like northern MN winters...I'd let it idle all day if I had to. I want a car with awesome gas mileage b/c it's cheap...bottom line. If you don't want to drive a car on fuel and put out emissions get a horse.....we have those at my place too, but I suppose you would think they produce too much methane or something like cattle do huh???

Please consider the

Please consider the possibilities for such a need, Santos, before you criticize. I've loved my Civic hybrid for two years as a major "tree hugger" and would never drive a gas-guzzler again. But I've been diagnosed with a debilitating illness which is immediately worsened by temperature extremes. What would you have me do? NOT add a remote, which enables me to be a functioning employee even in August and Feb.? I never respond to short-sighted posts such as yours, but this one is so incredibly judgmental that I just can't let it go.
    Try some "people hugging" once in a while. It's good for your humanity, creates good will, and typically does not produce any emissions. = )

Stephanie is right!

Stephanie is right!

I am looking for an answer,

I am looking for an answer, not ideological twists . So, what is the answer to the question?
    ... Mr Santos, hash!..

The amount of stupidity is

The amount of stupidity is chraming in here. First of all, you can install a remote start in a hybrid civic, you need the same stuff a regular civic needs. A Remote Start alarm/stand alone, and a Bypass module ( Fortin SL3) You should always let your car warm up before doing major driving. Not sure, but most engineers won't put a thumbs up to making cold metal move quickly. That's why cars last 5 years, and not 20.

idling a ULEV doesn't hurt anything. in fact most of what is coming out of your exhaust on a Civic Hybird is H20. Yeah that's right WATER! and minute traces of C02. A Hyrbid civic could idle for 10 years before putting out as much "Greenhouses gases" as one Private jet running for 30 seconds flown by your environmental jesus Al Gore. Who also owns www.carboncredits.com.

Remote Start / Alarm / keyless combo
    or
    Remote Start factory add-on

+

Fortin SL3 bypass (http://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/honda/civic/2005/)

=

profit??

thanks for your response...

thanks for your response... I bought a used 2006 hybrid, more for the fuel economy, but have to park outside... some people have to start their cars in the winter do defrost the ICE off the windows...people shouldn't judge!! I will be installing one on mine!!

I had one installed on my

I had one installed on my 2009 hybrid this month. I have only used it a few times. sometimes testing the range(stated range is 2000ft.) But I'd like to for the most part get in the habit of using it to get the windows clear and perhaps on very cold mornings. In the case of clearing the windows the impact on the enviroment is moot as I obiviously can't very well drive with the windows fogged up. It is for the convience of not having to sit as long idling while in the car. I am probably talking less than 10 mins. i in the case of cooling down the car. the time will a lot less..Ie when at work at the end of the day, the buzzer goes off and I may start the car to cool...idling time will be the same as the time it takes me to walk to my car. I rather get in the habit of doing that only on very hot days

I had one installed on my

I had one installed on my 2009 hybrid this month. I have only used it a few times. sometimes testing the range(stated range is 2000ft.) But I'd like to for the most part get in the habit of using it to get the windows clear and perhaps on very cold mornings. In the case of clearing the windows the impact on the enviroment is moot as I obiviously can't very well drive with the windows fogged up. It is for the convience of not having to sit as long idling while in the car. I am probably talking less than 10 mins. i in the case of cooling down the car. the time will a lot less..Ie when at work at the end of the day, the buzzer goes off and I may start the car to cool...idling time will be the same as the time it takes me to walk to my car. I rather get in the habit of doing that only on very hot days