Take a look at the South Park episode "Smug Alert:"

http://www.hybridcars.com/south-park...-part-one.html

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Are hybrid drivers smug?

/close eyes

Hell yeah, we're smug. We are all part of the solution, not the problem. Thanks...

/open eyes

Are hybrid drivers smug?

I think it brings up a very good point: Alienating people who don't think like you won't help any of the world's problems. We need to convince everyone to conserve or their is no point in it. Likewise, we need clean, efficient vehicles that meet everyone's needs.

Are hybrid drivers smug?

There is a nice little cloud of smug hovering over my house. That episode came out the day I bought my HiHy, I thought it was hilarious.

Are hybrid drivers smug?

My farts smell good now all thanks to Civic Hybrid.

Are hybrid drivers smug?

I'm not smug.....I'm just ticked that other people aren't as smart as us hybrid drivers..... ;-)

Are hybrid drivers smug?

Absulutely HILARIOUS (and I'm not a South Park fan).
    I must admit, I DO feel a bit superior in that car, (along with my "F the President" sticker).

To all my fellow Hybrid owners, "THANKS!! GOOD FOR YOU!!"

Are hybrid drivers smug?

Does this stem from the recent Southpark episode? That was hilarious...

Anyways, not all of us are smug; and not all of us enjoy the smell of our own farts.

I only attack those "smug" gas-guzzler drivers who attack me first that hybrids aren't worth the money (although the so-called preformance hybrids I agree are wasteful).

The only thing I do is "mentally" pat myself on the back when I drive past a gas station posting higher prices, or read in the newspaper that costs at the pump are going up, while those very smug gas-guzzler drivers complain about prices.

So in conclusion, are all Hybrid drivers smug? No.
    I think that often gas-guzzler drivers are "smug" themselves.

But I won't be proud to the point that I'm cocky to own a Hybrid. I don't need to be cocky, after all, I know $5/gallon gas is on the way, so to be said in 6 years or less.

Are hybrid drivers smug?

Having a small number of obnoxious, smug hybrid owners on the planet waging a war of smugness is not going to help the planet or anyone. We need to get EVERYONE into more economical vehicles. Parading around at liberal society meetings in Prius's may make you feel good today. It isn't, however, going to help our planet or our society when gas costs reach $10.00 per gallon and the guy who delivers your fresh organic food to your local store can't afford to bring it there.

Ecology and conservation are only going to help when most people participate. Alienating people (no matter how stupid they are) isn't going to help. (hopefully I haven't alienated too many with this flaming post ;-) )

Are hybrid drivers smug?

Totally hysterical and as a hybrid owner it reminds me not to let my personal beliefs swell my head. If you want to blow your income on a gas guzzler go ahead, just don't be surprised when you are spedning more for gas than for rent.