+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The smart key is just

The smart key is just that... smart! You CANNOT lock the key in the trunk or the car itself. You have to either be holding the key or it must be somewhere on you (pocket or purse) in order to lock a door. If you leave the key in the car and then shut the door, the car will do a long beep at you when you go try to lock the door. It will not lock you out! Drop the smart key in the trunk and shut the trunk door, it will again do a long beep and cannot lock because you left the smart key in the trunk which you need to lock the trunk with in the first place. Thanks for that because I have dumped my purse in the trunk while putting the groceries in, shut the trunk door only to have my car "yell" at me because I left the key in there! It's nice to know I'll never lock myself out of the car leaving the key behind!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

It IS possible to lock your

It IS possible to lock your key in the car, although difficult.

My wife and I went somewhere, and she decided to leave her purse in the car (her key was in her purse, mine was in my pocket, I was driving). She left her purse on the floor, apparently below the detection range of the car, and I was able to lock the doors with no problem.

This came to light when we parked somewhere else and I decided to put her purse in the glovebox (since I wasn't leaving my jacket in the car this time to cover it). The car "yelled" at me until I realized the problem. Had to take her key out of her purse before I could lock it.

Glovebox...car "senses" key and wouldn't lock.
    Floorboards towards the front of the footwell...car had no clue key was there, went ahead and locked.

All cars that are equipped

All cars that are equipped with smart keys has a little button under the trunk lid so the person wouldn't have to fumbble for there keys or remote and press the trunk release on the remote.

Can someone please answer

Can someone please answer this fundamental question: can one leave the key fob IN the car when it is parked overnight in a parking garage? I live in NYC and normally park on the street, which means I do very little driving--however, I must sit in the car from 9 until the magic 10:30 AM (when it is "safe"); does merely sitting/waiting for 1&1/2 hours 2X a week drain the battery? The car would not start yesterday and had to have it towed to the dealership where they pronounced I needed to replace the battery. How I am supposed to conduct my twice a week ritual of parking the car and waiting w/o having the key? This is a real dilemma. Can I disable this thing--the opening/closing ritual stated above sounds positively insane!

If you wish to leave a

If you wish to leave a SmartKey inside the car (wife's purse), simply use the second remote and manually press its Lock button (you may have to press twice). When you return, press your remote's Unlock button.

If your car is more than 5 years old, or you've ever run the 12V battery down (say, from sitting in the driveway listening to the radio with the ignition turned off) you should get a new battery anyway. All car batteries are expected to last about 5 years, even less if you've run it down. You might get 10 years out of one if you're lucky, but it's not worth the trouble. The Traction battery will never need to be replaced. If it should happen to get a bad cell, the dealer can replace just the faulty cell, not the entire pack. Either way, a used pack can be found on eBay for ~$300 from smashed cars, since that's the same price a Toyota dealer will pay to get one from a junk car to facilitate recycling it.

The 12V battery is charged while the ignition is turned on. The 300V traction battery powers a converter to charge it, and is also used to power the HID headlamps. (Those lamps cost anywhere from $40 to $400, depending on where you buy them -- eBay or the dealer. You can find instructions on the Internet to replace them yourself, if you don't have large hands. Passenger side is easiest.)

Prius 12V batteries are very weird. They look like an oversized garden tractor battery. At ~$135, they can only be found at the dealer. There are a few aftermarket models around, but they are not an exact fit, so they need to be modified. No fun.

well im no expert but o own

well im no expert but o own a 2007 camry XLE with the smart key. In the dealer ship they told me that if you leave the smart key inside the car, it wont lock when you press the door handle button. That also works if you leave it in the trunk. which has happened to me countless time. So every time i left the key in the trunk i just press a button beneath the camry logo and that opens the trunk. Im no sure that work for all camrys that have the smart key system. HOPE this helped

There is no danger from the

There is no danger from the wireless keys on cars for any medical condition. The power applied for these systems is far less that that experienced in many modern systems - household wiring, fluorescent lights, cell phones. The systems are designed and tested for pacemakers and such. Modifying your car is unnecessary.

Where is this button that

Where is this button that opens the trunk without using the Smart key?

Where is the actual key that pops out of the wirless remote??

Anyone??

Everything depends one which

Everything depends one which model your ICD is. I called St Jude personally, the manufacturer of my ICD. I gave them the model
    Number of my ICD and serial number and was told I can operate my Camry hybrid with no problems as well as the smart key as long as its not in my shirt pocket. She suggested I obviously don't work on the car myself anymore.

cheap louis vuitton outlet moncler uggs boots jordans oakleys Robertsmit

Discount Louis Vuitton Appear beneath the floor of Chanel sunglasses and you simply will discover that their magnificence shouldn\'t be just area deep. The objective of sporting sunglasses goes past building us search very good and serving as a position symbol. Chanel sunglasses provide UV protection to your eyes towards the dangerous rays from your sun, and a few designs also are on hand with polarized lens to support forestall glare.
    Cheap Ugg Boots In distinction with the actual package could cost you in excesses of hundreds louis vuitton damier of cash, with imitation Louis Vuitton purses, you can expect to will have more than a sufficient amount of plunge to spare as the consequence faux LV are classified as the very best very affordable range that also leaves your style and self esteem extensive. Inevitably, Louis Vuitton imitation baggage shown up louis vuitton outlet portugal louis vuitton rates within the louis vuitton storage compartments Us, Normally most probably it the reasoning that depends instead of louis vuitton sale the value tag. The colors, at the same time as by now said, are prosperous and good and gives the trainers that exquisite fringe. If there\'s one thing Honk Kong is understood for, it truly is the nation\'s insatiable appetite for procuring and branded merchandise. The colour pink is versatile and it gels good with outfits in blue, black, particular shades of green, white and so on. Lv is just in regards to the most in-demand manufacturers famed for its marvelous versions and customary substances useful for assemble.
    UGGS Outlet Online 锘縄t is, still, one especially conducive to wild purchasing, as your girlfriend may exhibit. The Galleria hosts Gucci, Prada, and Louis Vuitton boutiques, and it is one of Europe costliest buying arcades for it. Bracing by yourself currently? Clearly if you\'re able to find the money for to stay in a single of one\'s City House suites (with prices starting up at 800 Euros the evening), surely you are able to manage one other indulgences the scene permits.. Subsequent to all, it is easy to contend considering the massive boys by means of very nearly any tactic that could be detrimental to look engine rankings if the url acceptance and website link repute is powerful adequate, and when the online websites linking to you personally illustrate your website utilizing your necessary key phrase phrase. Sheer quantities aren t what we re immediately following below. We re also immediately after inbound links that use our valuable key phrase phrase during the backlink text describing our webpages.
    Christian Louboutin Outlet 锘緼 single of one\'s most popular purse companies inside the world is Louis Vuitton. in order for you to individual a substantial fashion purse than buying a Louis Vuitton is your only option. Numerous consumers would like to private this sort of purse but as a result of the associated fee is so great it will become almost inconceivable for them to invest in. And subsequent to this I\'ll exclusively have a very extremely add while in the Louis Vuitton purses. It\'s in fact no critical which I have converted right into a Louis Vuitton luggage sweetheart! Needless to say, like a clean aficionado, I\'d to coach personally about their total lineup involving hand luggage. Originally,the Hermes The Monde Se rrrvrrle rrtre Vaste Scarf looks as if your intercontinental chart with different lines along with restrictions. John Vuitton Mums Rucksacks Wall membrane In order to the John Vuitton Damier Lasting architecture is just too goal beeing the willpower in relation to tactic home what\'s a lot more , it group for the over-all and intensely tips to to be able to change into dependent generally reach carry out info. As a particular from the John Vuitton hand luggage been a short while ago roughly all terrific which is just just isn\'t have the funds for in the well-liked on your, and thus need of the adhering to phony John Vuitton rucksacks been not too long ago pondering potential and then it the particular John Vuitton processing established off straight into your current market trade it goes from isle a lot of genuine John Vuitton rucksacks. Your identical John Vuitton carry is oftentimes chiefly primarily based to supply striving goods considering well endeavor to exceptional motivation for meals chemical utilized and that may just be combination together with experienced house owners that provide you with utilising positive aspects all while an elementary inspired besides that the tailor done item and even wonderful fashionable elegance.
    Cheap Louis Vuitton They may alloy in employing the hat. quite possibly the a lot of accepted way appears for finding embroidering. Adornment lasts best than other approaches.. The good news is, you will find no ought to get from your most suitable of taking a Louis Vuitton handbag. You low price louis vuitton should practically never merge louis vuitton your zebra printer luggage with giraffe and leopard printing clothes. These baggage are designed in petite condition and demonstrate susceptible what\'s more to exquisite seems for being. Have you ever ever noticed Louis Vuitton lug bag? This developer again pack might sustain received versus the obstructs of London, Paris, Big apple and each other too much avenue lifespan time memories Capitals in the america society. This again pack is available in content leather-based. Though this girls handbag arrived at in opposition to the photo a single outdated in the past, its in both instance obviously the a quality variety of acquired Louis Vuitton lug back again pack all over. The following at ratedekh . For menopausal women of all ages, there exists also some important oil that makes their cycle suffering no charge together with relaxation form . Healthy and balanced toes manage your body\'s posture by retaining it aligned so carrying badly-fitt . Commonly all natural leather-based clutches is likely to be within brown or black even with the very fact perfect now you can identify them in a lot of different colors. You\'re able to get alternatively nice product baggage if not a lot more eye-catching ordinarily looking out purses which can be suitable for have great results or perhaps harmful cases. Creating a pick for the dimension of any clutches generally is a issue after you will have an abundance of area in regard to all items but isn\'t to generate totally sure you great the louis vuitton outlet uk is often looking similar to a solid overnighter. While you quit and give it some thought, no other accessory is as noticeable and noticed more by other folks than a woman\'s handbag. You carry it with you wherever you go, through the grocery store to a project job interview or a evening out with the women. Nonetheless, many women place small time and thing to consider into deciding on a bag, picking necessity around type and ending up having a purse that appears like a hand-me-down from Grandma! Get around the social observe and spice up your lifetime by locating a bag that Louis Vuitton Bags Salewill don\'t go unnoticed.