+ Reply to Thread

eCVT/Hybrid Newbie

Hey All,

New to hybrids. I bought a 2008 Nissan Altima last week and I don't have a lot of experience driving the vehicle. A couple of things that happened in the 6 days since I brought the car home.

1. On Saturday I was trying to back out of a parking space and, while I thought I was in reverse, the car wouldn't move. I stopped and restarted the car and it worked fine.

2. Today on the way home from work, I was driving on the freeway and the car felt like it was "bucking" for lack of a better way to explain it. It was almost like there was a drop in power or like there was something pushing against the car while driving at highway speed. This only occurred at highway speed, once on the street, it drove fine.

Am I just being overly paranoid and sensitive or do these two occurrences portend problems with the transmission or anything else on the car? Also don't want to seem like a complete tool for taking the vehicle back to the dealer for service a week after buying it.

Any ideas you can provide would be a big help.

Thanks,

Frank

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Frank, You might want to

Frank,
    You might want to post this in the NAH section of the Cars Forum. These problems sound like Nissan Altima specific ones.

1. Sometimes if you press

1. Sometimes if you press the start button too quickly after pressing the brake pedal, or if you don't press the brake with enough pressure, the car only goes into ACC mode. All you have to do is while it's in park, press the brake and hit the button again.

2. It's likely that the ICE was recharging the battery. When the car is new the shimmy when it starts to recharge is pretty noticeable. It almost feels like the car is downshifting when it starts to shunt some power to the generator. As the car breaks in, it should reduce to a slight rumble.

?????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????<a href=http://www.css-cash.com>??????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????<a href=http://www.css-cash.com>????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????