+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I had a 2000 Honda Insight

I had a 2000 Honda Insight had 262,000 miles in it and was running great when I sold it. The battery was replaced fro FREE by Honda at 180,000 miles. It was clearly worth it and the car got 70 mg in the summertime.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

eBay has used Ford Escape

eBay has used Ford Escape hybrid batteries for 400 bucks.

Hybrid Electronics -

Hybrid Electronics - Electronic Components - Distributors Analog and Mixed Signal ICs, Batteries & Accessories, Cable Ties & Clamps, Cable & Wire, Cable Assemblies, Capacitors, Circuit Breakers, Circuit Interrupters, Clock and Timing Management ICs, Connectors and Accessories, Controllers, Converters,& Crystals/Oscillators/Resonators, DC-DC Converters, Diodes, Discretes, Electromechanical Relays, Fans & Accessories, Ferrites, Fiber Optic Products, Filters, Fuses & Accessories, Hard to Find Parts, Hardware, Heatsinks, Inductors, Integrated Circuits, Chokes, Coils, Intl, Inductors, Integrated Circuits,& Infrared Emitters, Interface and I/O Controller ICs, Jacks & Plugs, Knobs & Dials, Lamp Sockets, Lamps, Laser Diodes, LED Segment Displays, LED/LCD Display and Video Controller ICs, LEDs, Logic ICs, Memory, Microcircuits, Microcontrollers, Microprocessors and DSPs, Military & Aerospace, Miscellaneous Electrical, Motors, Opto Transceivers, Optocouplers, Passive Components, Plugs, Jacks, Potentiometers, Power Management ICs, Power Supplies, Relays & Accessories, Resistors, Semiconductors, Semiconductor Heatsinks & Accessories, Semiconductors, Sensors, Signal Conditioning, Sockets, Solenoids, Special Function Circuits, Surge Protection, Switch Encoders, Switches, Terminals & Pins, Thermistors, Transistors, Transducers/Signal Devices, Transformers, Tubing, Visual Signal Lights, Wire & Cable

Hybrid Electronics -

Hybrid Electronics - Electronic Components - Distributors Analog and Mixed Signal ICs, Batteries & Accessories, Cable Ties & Clamps, Cable & Wire, Cable Assemblies, Capacitors, Circuit Breakers, Circuit Interrupters, Clock and Timing Management ICs, Connectors and Accessories, Controllers, Converters,& Crystals/Oscillators/Resonators, DC-DC Converters, Diodes, Discretes, Electromechanical Relays, Fans & Accessories, Ferrites, Fiber Optic Products, Filters, Fuses & Accessories, Hard to Find Parts, Hardware, Heatsinks, Inductors, Integrated Circuits, Chokes, Coils, Intl, Inductors, Integrated Circuits,& Infrared Emitters, Interface and I/O Controller ICs, Jacks & Plugs, Knobs & Dials, Lamp Sockets, Lamps, Laser Diodes, LED Segment Displays, LED/LCD Display and Video Controller ICs, LEDs, Logic ICs, Memory, Microcircuits, Microcontrollers, Microprocessors and DSPs, Military & Aerospace, Miscellaneous Electrical, Motors, Opto Transceivers, Optocouplers, Passive Components, Plugs, Jacks, Potentiometers, Power Management ICs, Power Supplies, Relays & Accessories, Resistors, Semiconductors, Semiconductor Heatsinks & Accessories, Semiconductors, Sensors, Signal Conditioning, Sockets, Solenoids, Special Function Circuits, Surge Protection, Switch Encoders, Switches, Terminals & Pins, Thermistors, Transistors, Transducers/Signal Devices, Transformers, Tubing, Visual Signal Lights, Wire & Cable

i prefer to have the hybrid

i prefer to have the hybrid car because it can help to conserve the earth.

your point of a prius with

your point of a prius with well over 300K miles does not address the life expectancy of the battery of 5 to 7 years. 500K miles in 2 years or 350K miles in 4 years is still 2 years and 4 years respectively. So Tom what research would address the actual question?

Well, working in the battery

Well, working in the battery industry, I can tell you the environmental arguments fall flat... Way flat... If you were TRULY concerned about the earth you would buy a hummer, or like me, a 93 5.8L bronco with tires bigger than your hybrid. You can argue this point all you want, but you will never be right. When you look at the environmental costs of battery production, the environment you save in the end does not even come close. No way no how. And the resources you still NEED to put everyone in a hybrid... Simply do NOT exist at this time and probably never will. You can be like my wife (why i'm here in the first place, professional curiosity you might say, and insist we buy a hybrid. REGARDLESS of the pictures I just shared with her of the wonderful nickle mine I just visited. And Hydrogen technology??? Even more rediculous, the water arguments evaportates, and the only other way to make hydrogen releases copious amounts of CO2. Just saying the reality of your vision is not exactly correct.

Hi, Could you please explain

Hi,
    Could you please explain the "added cost of the hybrid drivetrain" that you mention in your comment above?

Thank you.

If you are really interested

If you are really interested in EV battery system, please have a look at this website www.evpst.com

Why did you buy another

Why did you buy another hybrid? To the others....I would suggest that you get off the eco crap and get back to what the original question was... How are the batteries? How long do they last? How much does it cost to replace them? Does it cost to recycle them?
    TR