+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

winning

winning

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

The starting price on a 2012

The starting price on a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan is $15,805 and the starting price for the same car in a hybrid is $24,050. That is a difference of $8,205 which in 2010 is almost the same as the average used car that was purchased. The normal sedan gets a combined average miles per gallon of 32 while the hybrid gets 44. The average miles driven a year is 13,576 according to The Federal Highway Administration and the average gallon of gas in California costs $4.26. You would spend $1314.40 on gas in the hybrid one and $1807 in the gasoline engine. That is a difference of $492,91 so it would take around 16 years until you break even on it and that is if you donít have to by batteries. Hybrids suck assssssssss ha

Look lets face reality... We

Look lets face reality... We do not live in a perfect world. Democrats or Repulicans, our political system stinks. If the government were really concerned about us they would work for free. It is an honor to hold public office yet our government has made a place for themselves. It has become the fact that they lie to us as well as each other. All the stink that goes on at an election tells you they are competeing for the job, WHY? Money and the right to do what they want. Open your eyes people stand up fight for what is right.

Your calculation makes

Your calculation makes sense, but things are changing: hybrids are getting less expensive ( Honda Insight for example cost now 18, 500) and gas will became more expensive.

i have a question . i have a

i have a question . i have a hybird car and for 7 month i didnt have no problems untill yesterday . the car was in my box for almost 2 month i didnt even tried to turn it on . yesterday i tried toturn on the engine but no power i tried to connect it on other battereies but no power 2 what should i do if my car is low batterey to put on the car?!

Why not just see where this

Why not just see where this hybrid technology will take us? Just as the ICE has been developed into the wonder that it is (with all it's benefits AND, to be fair, it's missteps), the hybrid may may prove to be just as good. I'm not a big fan of high tech stuff going into our cars (how about a nice V8 in a Mustang GT - I don't have one but they're nice), I think we need to develop our present technologies to cope with our problems. And to be fair, I think that the auto manufacturers have done a decent job of producing a pretty good product. I don't think I would own a hybrid, but they do seem to work and they're getting better all the time. Now about that that Mustang GT . . .

I'm looking at buying a 2006

I'm looking at buying a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid that has 75,000 miles on it at a local car yard for $12, 700. So to do my homework I just checked with a Ford dealership on what the cost of replacing the batteries for the vehicle, should it be needed after the 100,000 mile or 8 year warranty that Ford provides. His reply was that battery and installation along with tax would come to $9,165... Is this for real??
    Hoping someone out there can either enlighten me as to some govt. subsidy or something. How about how long I can expect the battery to perform before it actually needs to be replaced. Do you get warning signs, or does your car just die...
    You know I see a lot of Republican/Democrat yap on this website... I was raised a Republican, but after the disgrace that was the Bush/Chaney/Rumsfeld administration, all of whom I feel need to be tried for treason, not to mention crimes against humanity, I am now an independent. As for the whole "tree hugger" label that's being thrown around, (as an ex sailor who spent 12 years travelling this planet and knows what its like to live long term with finite resources) I can honestly say we better all damn well be tree huggers and be proud to be called so, as this is all we got! This planet is a lot smaller than you think, and its resources a whole lot more precious. We keep screwing with this little patch of the dirt, shoving it full of chemicals that leach out into our finite water supplies and life is going to become a whole lot more serious.

I'm looking at buying a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid that has 75,000 miles on it at a local car yard for $12, 700. So to do my homework I just checked with a Ford dealership on what the cost of replacing the batteries for the vehicle, should it be needed after the 100,000 mile or 8 year warranty that Ford provides. His reply was that battery and installation along with tax would come to $9,165... Is this for real??
    Hoping someone out there can either enlighten me as to some govt. subsidy or something. How about how long I can expect the battery to perform before it actually needs to be replaced. Do you get warning signs, or does your car just die...
    You know I see a lot of Republican/Democrat yap on this website... I was raised a Republican, but after the disgrace that was the Bush/Chaney/Rumsfeld administration, all of whom I feel need to be tried for treason, not to mention crimes against humanity, I am now an independent. As for the whole "tree hugger" label that's being thrown around, (as an ex sailor who spent 12 years travelling this planet and knows what its like to live long term with finite resources) I can honestly say we better all damn well be tree huggers and be proud to be called so, as this is all we got! This planet is a lot smaller than you think, and its resources a whole lot more precious. We keep screwing with this little patch of the dirt, shoving it full of chemicals that leach out into our finite water supplies and life is going to become a whole lot more serious.

May be he was talking about

May be he was talking about the `12 v battery which i paid to be replaced $160 for it at the dealer. I had been driving my car for a while, it is a prius 06 with almost 120k miles & its hybrid battery still as good as new, or at least thats what my mpg reflects on my wallet.