+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: prius seats

prius seats

I find the seats of the Prius do not have good support. Any suggestions? Any ay to get better seats in this ca?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Re:seats

I have just bought my first Prius-a 2004 and I cannot believe how uncomfortable and hard the drivers seat is. I HAVe to do something about it and will research. If you have any ideas, please share.
    Many thanks, Does this go to your email?
    Jacqueline.

I have a 2008 prius and feel it is very comfotable along with my with who happens to be 4 months pregnant. Maybe the seats are different than the ones in your older vehicles?

I just bought a 2007 Prius

I just bought a 2007 Prius (3000 miles!) last night and drove it home, an hour's drive. I was constantly attempting to adjust the seat during the trip. I have have occasional discomfort and pinched nerves in the upper back and this doesn't bode well. Someone on another thread mentioned purchasing a lumbar support device from The Driver's Seat, and I'm going to check that out.

Has anyone installed leather seats after purchase? I did that with a Camry, and they were much more comfortable although I'd really prefer cloth.

I have added several thick

I have added several thick washers under the front of the seat tracks (along with longer bolts). This tips the seat base back a bit which helps with my comfort. I'm 5'-10" and have long legs.

i just purchased a 2008

i just purchased a 2008 prius with leather interior. i can not get confortable it the car! i love the car but, both my husband and i have been in pain since the day we bought it.
    any suggestions? i already went to the healthy back store and bought an item (that was wayt too expensive) that slips around on the leather, which makes matters worse.
    help!

I just picked up my 2008

I just picked up my 2008 Prius, and was surfing the internet to see if I can get the Driver's Seat replaced. I have the same problem, I seem to be too tall for the car, and it's impossible to get perfectly comfortable. I have to recline much to prevent my sciatica from acting up, and the steering wheel is too far away. I'm looking at possibly getting a Recaro or something. Dealership here was no help. The problem for me is that there is no height adjustment on the damn seat! I'll keep looking, and if I find anything, I'll post it. Please let me know if anyone finds anything more comfortable! Love all other aspects of the car though. Miss my Land Rover seats.

My husband and I put a

My husband and I put a deposit on a 2008 Prius with package #6 - all the bells and whistles. We drove it today for about 20 minutes and both us were very uncomfortable with the driver's seat. We both squirmed around while driving, in an attempt to get comfortable, and could not. It's like the seat slants down slightly in the front and places pressure enough to feel like our bums would be numb before we could complete an hour or two trip.

Other than that we really liked the car and would have been willing to live with the road noise, etc, for the good gas mileage. At this point we can't see spending so much money on a car, that's not comfortable. Too bad Toyota can't put decent seats in a $30K car.

I bought a 2005 prius in

I bought a 2005 prius in july 07 ,two complaints I have with the car is dash rattle and uncomfortable driver seat.

I have read quite a bit

I have read quite a bit about the seat and have felt it for myself.. Some people have no issue, find it comfortable.. and plenty of us find the seats terrible.

Since Prius is one of the many cars we're considering buying, I was wondering, instead of replacing the seat or whatever, would it be faster, easier and cheaper to get and shape foam to comfort then cover it when the proper shape/softness is obtained with foam?

http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/which-car-best-me.html