+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

im sorry i forgot to ask you

im sorry i forgot to ask you if u know of info on a door for my geo its blue and email me at moodygrandma54@aol.com again thank you so much,

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Do you still have some of

Do you still have some of your Dad's Metros? If so, let me know what they are and where I can see them. I"M private party wanting one for me.
    thanks,
    Ron

'97 Metro 1.0L, 189.000

'97 Metro 1.0L, 189.000 miles. 42.8mpg - ALL city driving! 48-52mpg at 65-70mph. Best car I've ever owned. Remember, these cars have independent rear suspension! Roll-up windows, no power steering.... I love this Metro.

i LOVE the GEO.! you dont

i LOVE the GEO.! you dont even know. i borrow my dads to go EVERYWERE.! i drive an isuzu truck. it gets 23 miles to the gallon in it (4cl). but the geo get 52.!!!! and you can feel like a bad*ss driving it becuase nomatter what you do in it it doesnt make a big scene.! floor it at a green light and its just funn to drive. i live in florida and when to south caralina in it. only spent $20 going there and $20 back. dont underestimate its ability to TRAVEL.!

I LOVE THE GEO

I LOVE THE GEO

They canít bring back

They canít bring back Metro any more.. Metro was great on mpg because of its light weight and small engine. Time has changed.. If they brought back Metro, it would have 30+ mpg like other cars because it canít be light weight car like it was because of standard equipment and safety equipment that needs to be on cars now these days.

Currently own a '93 Geo

Currently own a '93 Geo Metro Lsi 5-spd., which I've driven for 4 years with virtually zero problems. Then, a freeze plug blew and I had to decided, should I give up the car, or go for a $1200 rebuilt head? I decided on the head replacement. At todays current gas prices, it was a good choice. My next problem came when both of the interior door handles busted off (about $200 dollars in parts from Ferman Chevy, and I did the replacement work myself). So I still have the old bucket of bolts, even though things keep going awry with it. Another common problem with the GeoMetro, the windows fall off their tracks. I'm told if you spray silicon on the window guides and the rubber window seals, this problem may be prevented. And this got me thinking. The main problem with the Geos is that the owner's manual was VERY INADEQUATE. There are a lot of environmental controls on the motor that no one knows how to tinker with or maintain...and if you're getting poor gas mileage out of your motor, this may be the area to concentrate on. That's why I am suggesting, you mechanics who understand the Geo inside and out, ought to tell us how to get our little bees humming back to 52 mpg, like they were made to do. Tune ups are important, keeping a clean air filter, replacing the Crankcase Ventilation Valve regularly, etc., but there is a lot of gear under that hood whose function and maintenace just isn't covered in the owner's manual. And please, if you DO submit some help, do it in plain English. It seems mechanics feel the need to embroider their tongues with terms and abbreviations no one could guess at. There is a new GeoMetro Forum on the internet, but I found very little help there for problems with my own 93 Geo. The contributors seemed to be speaking a language known only to themselves, laced with occassional phrases of lucidity. Yes, bring this little car back. I truly love mine...and some day you will have to pry my dead fingers away from the steering wheel. Ha, ha! This is a nice car, but like most cars, its maintenace issues must be attended to carefully to get the greatest joy out of ownership.

hi, have a 1994 geo metro

hi, have a 1994 geo metro xfi for sale. it has 38,000 original miles, no rust (virginia car). thinking about putting on ebay. this car is a true xfi. how many left with this low miles? 5-spd, no right side mirror, can send pictures on my cell, it is white with gray interior,has xfi decal on back,also has the right vin number for a xfi, runs great. email if you have interest. thanks.

hi, have a 1994 geo metro

hi, have a 1994 geo metro xfi for sale. it has 38,000 original miles, no rust (virginia car). thinking about putting on ebay. this car is a true xfi. how many left with this low miles? 5-spd, no right side mirror, can send pictures on my cell, it is white with gray interior,has xfi decal on back,also has the right vin number for a xfi, runs great. email if you have interest. thanks.

I bought a geo metro to give

I bought a geo metro to give our country one less thing to fight about. I bought it to save lives. I bought it for fuel economy. I bought it because its inexpensive to maintain. I bought it because the price of everything is rising while wages are not. Last week I bought a 1999 metro lsi for 1350$. I drove it for three days before the gas gauge dipped below full. I love driving manual, I don't look cool in it. I don't care. This is 2011, its cool to be a nerd now. In 1980 it was different. I have fun driving it. I ordered the stainless steel header for it from Suzuki online. Mine is a Chevy not geo. I like this better than my 1970 bug, lol