+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid vs. Cool Car!

Why does a hybrid car have to look like a hybrid, boring!

I'm planning of selling both of my famimly cars that are now getting a little old. When we bought are current cars they were what we could afford. A 94' Altima and a 97' 4Runner. Now that my wife and I make a bit more money I want a cool car! Not a car that looks like it was designed by Microsoft. "The car gets great gas mileage and looks so niffty." Let me put my finger down my throat.

Would it be too much of a bother for the car companies to let there designer that work on cars like the FJ Cruser, Solstice, Murano or the Mustang take a crack at a hybrid?

I hate the guilt of wanting a new car that get 10/13 MPG, because I can now afford a cool looking car. I plan on buying a hybrid or atleast something with the fuel consumption and low emmissions as a primary concern. But I'm doing it under protest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hybrid vs. Cool Car!

There are only two (one of which is soon to be discontinued) out of 34 existing/announced hybrids that are hybrid-specific designs, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The tech will migrate to the more radical/stylish models, but that takes time. Manufacturers are just starting to really ramp up now, so if you don't see anything you like now, you probably will in a year or so.

Hybrid vs. Cool Car!

2006 HONDA CIVIC HYBRID

Not a "typical" hybrid car...

Hybrid vs. Cool Car!

Thanks Brett. I was wrong. I admit that from time to time. I just clicked on the link to the concept cars. And I was impressed. Now it suck that I have to wait. I think I'm going to go and buy an old mussle car.

Hybrid vs. Cool Car!

If you want muscle, look at the Honda Accord Hybrid or the Toyota Highlander. While their fuel economy isn't as good as the fuel miser hybrids, their performance is pretty much unbeatable - even if you may not like their styling.
    I also know there is an exciting Scion coming soon but I don't know when 'soon' really is yet.

Hybrid vs. Cool Car!

How about a Geo Metro XFi from the early '90's? They get 55 mpg and they are very cheap to buy, maintain, and repair (although you don't need the third ne too much).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Why does a hybrid car have to look like a hybrid, boring!

I'm planning of selling both of my famimly cars that are now getting a little old. When we bought are current cars they were what we could afford. A 94' Altima and a 97' 4Runner. Now that my wife and I make a bit more money I want a cool car! Not a car that looks like it was designed by Microsoft. "The car gets great gas mileage and looks so niffty." Let me put my finger down my throat.

Would it be too much of a bother for the car companies to let there designer that work on cars like the FJ Cruser, Solstice, Murano or the Mustang take a crack at a hybrid?

I hate the guilt of wanting a new car that get 10/13 MPG, because I can now afford a cool looking car. I plan on buying a hybrid or atleast something with the fuel consumption and low emmissions as a primary concern. But I'm doing it under protest.
    Breaking News : PICC test results
    Dateline : May 10th 2007
    Location: Detroit R & D Facility for the Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter
    In testing on our 318 V-8 on the Dynamometer on a 50% Load , 3,000 RPM for one hour
    it consumed 18 pounds of Gas. After Turning on the PICC on the same test parameters it consumed
    2 pounds of Gas. This is like any SUV driving at 65MPH getting 135 MPG . Coming to the World Summer 2007 .
    Get your Free Quotes now and beat the rush. www.preignitioncc.com/better

Contact : Dennis B. Drake President Better and Better Technologies Inc. 702-944-0376
    www.BetterandBetterTechnologies.com

My advice is to buy a new

My advice is to buy a new hybrid car especially for the fact that this technology is improving every day. I hope that I will inherit my two conversion vans owned by my granddad. After I will have sold them I want to buy a new hybrid car.