+ Reply to Thread

Automatic Door Locks

Does anyone know how to program the doors to lock automatically when the car is in Drive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Automatic Door Locks

(1) Which car / model?

(2) If the hardwired "programming" isn't already built-in, forget it.

(3) Read your owner's manual

(4) Ask your dealer's service department

Automatic Door Locks

http://www.coastaletech.com/04prius.htm

There is an after market auto lock mechanism that is fairly simple to install. I bought one. I also have the Electric Vehicle only mode. Kind of neat.

My 2008 Prius Owners Manual States The Doors Lock In Drive BUT M

I have been to the selling dealership to correct the automatic door locks NOT locking, BUT they cannot re program the locks, using the diagnotic computer?
    NONE of the adjustment links show as being "live" for them to use? There are supposed to be adjustments to have all doors lock when in drive or at 15mph.
    BUT my dealerships computer WILL NOT allow them to re program the locks?

The owners manual clearly states the locks are to automatically lock in drive!

Anyone else having this problem? Are there any solutions anyone is aware of to correct this? I consider this a safety hazard, as if you do not lock the doors manually from the armrest controls, THEY ARE NOT LOCKED AT ALL!

Thanks for the comments and

Thanks for the comments and thoughts. Looks like I need to take this up with Toyota as I have SEVERAL Issues needing attention.

Anyone with Factory Nav. that it is UNABLE TO and CANNOT Recognize your home street address? This subdivision has been here for 15 Years. But it will not accept my home street address?

Another "Toyota Prius Shortcoming" This is a 2008 C'mon Now!